Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

snapper rear tine tiller
LSF Member
I have a model r5001. Last fall the belt snapped and in the process broke one clutch cable. I have everything about back together but am at a loss on the routing of the clutch cables.
I know where they enter but exactly where and how do they connect? I feel at least one, if not both, must attach to the V pulley. The cable closest to the handle bar seems like it connects to the V pulley. It's more the second cable I'm confused on. It seems like it would also connect to the lower part on the V but it doesn't seem to get tension that way, and routing it that way doesn't seem logical either. but I don't see any other place it would attach that makes sense. One cable engages the traction and the other does the tines.
I've searched the web and nothing is out there. Blown up part replacement sites don't show the actual connection of the cables and the manual only describes what I said above, one for traction, one for the tines and how to adjust tension if needed.

Posted on: 5/15 8:05:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: snapper rear tine tiller
LSF Member
From Mn

Posted on: 5/15 9:02:11

LSF Member
Yep. I have that. Still doesn't seem to show the exact spots they connect. I stopped by robbinsdale marine, an authorized dealer, and they couldn't really help without seeing it but sympathized as the beast weighs like 300 lbs so loading it to bring it in isn't an option right now :)

Posted on: 5/15 10:24:07

LSF Member
Like a fool I figured it out. I was trying to attach both cables to the idler pulley. One needed to be routed to the traction component. Idiot!

Posted on: 5/15 12:27:03

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page