Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

adding navionics too your other devices
LSF Member
I've had navionics on my "I" phone for a couple of years I use it for fishing, and depths, and sometimes for location in the dark. But, the screen size was becoming a issue. So, I purchased a new "I" pad for the bigger screen, Ive down loaded the app from the apple app store onto the new device
but the maps are incomplete and there are no contoures. I thought once i purchase the app I may use it on any of my devices

It appears that navonics is a major supporter of this site and ive noticed posts from a gruru before

can anyone tell me how to solve my issue ?

Posted on: 5/28 8:56:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: adding navionics too your other devices
LSF Member
From Wright county
Navionics changed the app to an annual subscription.

Posted on: 5/28 19:53:37

LSF Member
From Burnsville, MN
You might just be on the Gov't. Charts by default on the iPad. Click the little blue wi-fi looking button on the bottom left and select Navionics or Sonar Chart.

Also another thing to try is if you have a log-in with Navionics, log in on the iPad and see if it gives you what you're looking for. That way it would know about any subscription you might have.

Posted on: 6/7 17:39:50

LSF Member
From Mtka, Winnie
Had the same issue--I was told that they are separate apps for the phone and the ipad.

Posted on: 6/7 18:13:16

Staff Team
From Bloomington
There are settings for easy view vs detailed view. At least on my phone that made a difference on contour lines.

I bought a tablet from someone on LSF and that is now my navionics tool. I use the magnetic nano mount for my boat and love it. That has more detail than my phone. So there may be some settings based on screen size.

Posted on: 6/8 9:52:35

LSF Member
I gave up on Navionics.. I just had to face it.. It was not that good compared to Lake Master. I went to Fish Smart (humminbird app) It sucks that you have to buy the individual lakes But I have found it was better..

Posted on: 6/8 12:12:24

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I had the same issue on my tablet and after some research i found that i needed to download the HD version which was around $50. Still cheaper than a new GPS with a lake chip, and the 7 inch screen is pretty nice to have.

Posted on: 6/11 6:30:29

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page