Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

lead core setup
LSF Member
From Granite Falls/Breckenridge
Looking at getting started at trying to fish leadcore, have had really good luck with Diawa accudepth line counter reels currently, just curious what size a guy would need for 18 pound leadcore line? What rods do you run?

Posted on: 2018/6/26 9:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: lead core setup
LSF Member
27's will fit 5 colors...47s with fit a full 10 colors

Posted on: 2018/6/26 10:02

LSF Member
From outta here
I know you asked about 18lb. But here's an option for you...

You could go with Sufix 832 Advanced in 12lb and fit all 10 colors plus a bit of backing. For rods, I'm running older model 8'6 Shimano Compre's. Super sensitive. Can even see the action of tiny #4 shad baits. Or if the bait is fouled.

For my second set, I tried a pair of Tony Roach leadcore rods for all of 4 hours and returned them. Sensitive as a wet spaghetti noodle. Bought another set of Shimano's (7'6" Clarus)

Big buck rods are certainly not required. I went with what's worked for me in the past.

Posted on: 2018/6/26 19:13

LSF Member
From Granite Falls/Breckenridge
Quote:

moose-hunter wrote:
I know you asked about 18lb. But here's an option for you...

You could go with Sufix 832 Advanced in 12lb and fit all 10 colors plus a bit of backing. For rods, I'm running older model 8'6 Shimano Compre's. Super sensitive. Can even see the action of tiny #4 shad baits. Or if the bait is fouled.

For my second set, I tried a pair of Tony Roach leadcore rods for all of 4 hours and returned them. Sensitive as a wet spaghetti noodle. Bought another set of Shimano's (7'6" Clarus)

Big buck rods are certainly not required. I went with what's worked for me in the past.

Do you put all of this on size 27 reels?

Posted on: 2018/6/27 8:26

LSF Member
Yes 10 full colors of the suffix advanced 12lb will fit on a 27...my setup is two reels set up with regular lead and two setup with 12lb advanced. This allows me to fish 4 rods pretty much tangle free (one of each line off each side of the boat, spreads lures apart nicely). I really like the suffix advanced just because I don't have to let out near as much line but you definitely need to run a swivel on it to prevent line twist

Posted on: 2018/6/27 13:01

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page