(1) 2 »

TIP call gets poachers caught.
Staff Team
From Bloomington

Posted on: 8/2 8:55:27

Re: TIP call gets poachers caught.
LSF Member
From Fargo
They should do a couple weeks in jail. Horrible.

Posted on: 8/2 9:30:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
And they wonder why there is profiling! Looks like these 2 POS fit both........weird, who knew

Posted on: 8/2 9:51:58

LSF Member
From Willmar
same thing happened 5/29/2012 under the busted forum

Posted on: 8/2 10:05:39

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I don't understand how someone would abuse a resource like that.

Awesome they got them and kudos to whoever called into the TIP line! Exactly how it's suppose to work. If I ever saw someone with that pile of fish I don't know if I would stay calm enough to call the TIP line..

Posted on: 8/2 10:26:54

LSF Member
All over the world, either by greed or need, lakes and rivers are fished to the brink of extinction. Only now are we seeing the results of decades worth of abuse. Thankfully today's generation is on the right path to preserve our resources so that helps.

Posted on: 8/2 11:55:47

LSF Member
From central mn
And the story goes on...every year! One day I hope our folks in office will require testing in english to get folks a driver license and hunting/fishing license.

Not sure what can be done for poachers that load the freezer from the dakota's as most are unaware that Mn doesn't allow freezer possession limits like they're state and we sell lot on non rez tags every year ,some 20-25k last time I checked a few years back.

So our state CO's need our help to identify and report these

poachers.

Posted on: 8/2 12:08:56

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
These were MN residents. Not poachers from the Dakotas. And I don't know if anyone caught the STRIB story but it didn't seem like there was any enforcement action actually taken other than they confiscated 253 of the 273 fish they caught. Yes...they left the couple with their 20...I guess they legally are entitled to them as they are not yet guilty of a crime but...backwards to me. I shouldn't say "no enforcement action" because I'm sure charges are pending, but still.

Posted on: 8/2 14:16:37

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:
These were MN residents. Not poachers from the Dakotas. And I don't know if anyone caught the STRIB story but it didn't seem like there was any enforcement action actually taken other than they confiscated 253 of the 273 fish they caught. Yes...they left the couple with their 20...I guess they legally are entitled to them as they are not yet guilty of a crime but...backwards to me. I shouldn't say "no enforcement action" because I'm sure charges are pending, but still.

It says right in the story they were charged with possession over the limit.

I guess I didn't see that they got to keep their 20, that is completely ridiculous. They should all be confiscated and donated to people in need. Also every last piece of fishing gear and equipment should be confiscated:

Were they in a boat? Take it
All fishing poles
All fishing lures
All fishing line
Any fishing tools
All tackle boxes
Even their lucky fishing hats

Posted on: 8/2 14:36:18

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
I went back and found the Strib quote: "I allowed the two to keep their legal possession limit of 20 crappies," Miller wrote in his report. "They were informed they needed to eat the fish they had prior to keeping any more crappies" ........!

Posted on: 8/2 14:41:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page