Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Looking for some info on Fall Walleye Fishing on LOW!
LSF Member
From Zimmerman , Isle, MN
Hello, We won a silent auction for a trip for 6 up to Ballards resort for a few days of Walleye fishing, It is our first trip up to LOW for some soft water fishing and are not sure when would be best? We would like the chance to finally put one up on the wall for my dad. When would be the best time to get up there, August is going to be tough, But September and October are fairly open. When may be better and why. Thanks A lot for an Info provided!

Posted on: 2018/8/13 15:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Looking for some info on Fall Walleye Fishing on LOW!
LSF Member
From Big Lake, MN
Congrats on your auction win at Ballards Resort. I took my daughter up there this year over 4th of July Week. We had a blast. The Guides will put you on fish. We had a total of 5 people on our Charter and the 5 of us limited out on Day #2 just after 3 hours of fishing on the 2nd day between Saugers and Eye's. We also had shore lunch on a secluded Island both days with fresh fish, baked beans, bread/butter, cookies and more.

I'd call up there ask them for a good time to go up but it's a top notch resort and they Guides will put you on fish.

Top Notch place all around with great food in their Bar and Restaurant as well.

We caught a number of Eye's in the 24"-just under 28" as well.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Posted on: 2018/8/13 21:27

LSF Member
From Apple Valley, mn
October is an unbelievable time to fish LOW! 👍👍

Posted on: 2018/8/15 10:47

LSF Member
we typically go the 1st or 2nd week of october. i'd recommend the 2nd week of october. the weather isn't ridiculous and the fish are generally stacked near the Gap AND starting to trickle into the river. So the fishing opportunities are endless. Don't mind fishign in a group. fish the lake. want to fish by yourselves a bit more. there are plenty of holes along the entire river that will hold fish.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 11:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page