Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Crushed asphalt driveway?
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
Quote:

f4rcr wrote:
i believe the millings i got were whats called double crushed. i paid 380 for a 14 yard truck it took 2 trucks to do my driveway and that is 32 wide by 28 long on 1 side and 44 long on the other. it was more expensive than i hope but i like it so far

What did you have to pay to get it rolled out flat? did you just add to what you already had or did you dig it down to maintain the same driveway height?

Posted on: 2018/8/16 11:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
I built a new garage so there was nothing there the company I had do the work took out about 20 inches or so of the grass and top soil, down to a good base. Then the hauled in a clay type base soill and packed that in and the put the crushed asphalt on top of that and packed it in. They hauled everything in and out and did all the work for just under 2000 I had other bids that were north of 3 for less work. It pays to look atound

Posted on: 2018/8/16 18:18

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Quote:

sundie23 wrote:
Quote:

PatK wrote:
At 4" thick you should get 71 sq' per yard.

Should be 81 sqft per yard at 4"

You're right!
A case of fat fingers and not proof reading on my part.

Posted on: 2018/8/17 6:58

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
Quote:

f4rcr wrote:
I built a new garage so there was nothing there the company I had do the work took out about 20 inches or so of the grass and top soil, down to a good base. Then the hauled in a clay type base soill and packed that in and the put the crushed asphalt on top of that and packed it in. They hauled everything in and out and did all the work for just under 2000 I had other bids that were north of 3 for less work. It pays to look atound

That seems very reasonable. Do you mind sharing the company that you had do the work?

Posted on: 2018/8/20 9:07

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
dirtworks 2000 out of the st cloud area. guys name is Tom

Posted on: 2018/8/20 17:11

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page