Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Gopher Football
LSF Member
Same old Gopher football teams, never will be worth a damn!! Might as well be a division II team, may be competitive then.

Posted on: 9/24 5:41:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
Best player on both sides of the ball done for the year. That's what they call a wrap, paper or plastic.

Posted on: 9/24 8:41:17

LSF Member
Quote:

jwilly wrote:
Same old Gopher football teams, never will be worth a damn!! Might as well be a division II team, may be competitive then.

The way college football works this pretty much describes 90% of the division 1 teams. Outside the power house teams it really doesn't matter what the other teams do. We could have a great season and no matter what I can't envision a scenario where we are playing for anything other than a top tier bowl thats still outside the final 4. Most of college football is playing for a participation trophy and little else.

Because of that does it really matter if the Gophers finish 10-3, 6-7, or 3-10? None of those records gets you out of the participation trophy portion of the NCAA.

Posted on: 9/24 10:40:50

Pro Staff
From Southern MN
Quote:

nofishfisherman wrote:
Quote:

jwilly wrote:

The way college football works this pretty much describes 90% of the division 1 teams. Outside the power house teams it really doesn't matter what the other teams do. We could have a great season and no matter what I can't envision a scenario where we are playing for anything other than a top tier bowl thats still outside the final 4. Most of college football is playing for a participation trophy and little else.

Because of that does it really matter if the Gophers finish 10-3, 6-7, or 3-10? None of those records gets you out of the participation trophy portion of the NCAA.

You are right, but it matters. It's fun to win and sucks to lose. The top programs all pay their players and do their schoolwork and nothing gets said.

That Gopher game was pathetic as was the Vikings. I guess it is our fault for thinking any Minnesota sports team would ever have any heart or not let down their fans. I'm frustrated and now with these injuries, I can see the Gophers winning 2 or 3 at best Big Ten games.

Vikings? If they come out on Thursday and get whacked by LA, they will be on their way to 8-8 most likely. They haven't really looked very good yet either.

Posted on: 9/25 15:46:40

jimmyrig@lakestatefishing.com

LSF Member
From Chaska
Go Gophers! Get Floyd!

Posted on: 10/6 15:23:52

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Couldn't bring home the bacon, again.

Posted on: 10/7 7:07:41

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yep too many mistakes to win a game against anybody who is even some what decent. This week against tOSU isn't looking like a win. Hopefully after that they can go on a little roll

Posted on: 10/9 15:24:13

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
-29.5 point dogs to Ohio State. As much as I dislike the Gophers, I hate Ohio State! I have to believe they can beat the spread but I'm not betting on it.

Posted on: 10/9 17:38:08

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Nope wouldn't bet on it either. Anything can happen in football so there is a chance, it's just very very small. I'll still be watching the game eatin some good food and enjoying a beer.

Posted on: 10/9 18:45:06

LSF Member
From Chaska
GO GOPHERS!! I'd love to see some sort of competence but not a good place to play a football game.

Posted on: 10/13 11:06:28

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page