Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Gopher Football
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Look at who you just compared the Gophers to.

Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland

That should tell you all you need to know about the Gopher program.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 11:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Wisconsin also just lost at home yesterday.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 14:33

Pro Staff
From Southern MN
Quote:

BrianHoffies wrote:
Look at who you just compared the Gophers to.

Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland

That should tell you all you need to know about the Gopher program.

What do you want them to do? They've looked OK so far and their defense has given up basically zero. This is a pretty decent team. That Fresno win was a good one. I'm not saying they are world beaters, but this isn't gonna be a winless BT team or any easy out for anyone in the Big Ten. They will probably finish around .500 in the league.

Posted on: 2018/9/17 15:36

jimmyrig@lakestatefishing.com

LSF Member
From Chaska
I think Brian's an Iowa guy.

Posted on: 2018/9/17 18:50

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Brain is definitely a jaded MN sports fan...

I'm with jimmyrig looks like it could be an OK season and then keep building from there!

We'll find out a lot more after this coming weekend.

Posted on: 2018/9/18 7:20

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Brain is definitely a jaded MN sports fan...

I'm with jimmyrig looks like it could be an OK season and then keep building from there!

We'll find out a lot more after this coming weekend.

Brian has been around a long time. He has seen and heard a lot of hype and watched a lot of bad football. He has also seen what happens if a coach has even a tiny bit of success..........they pack and leave for richer pastures. So this guy (like the last guy) they overpay to get. He comes in with the "elite row the boat" BS and the faithful swallow it hook, line & sinker. (fishing phrase....like it?) Does anybody here think this guy can out coach or out recruit Mason? I doubt it. Mason was the best coach this program has had since Holtz (who left A.S.A.P.) He got fired after a 11 win season. Give him the money for assistant coaches and facilities that this guy gets and he would still be winning.

For the kids sake I hope they do well I really do. They play hard. But don't for one minute believe Fleck is here for the long haul or even until they turn the corner because I don't believe he is.

Here is the fact..................over any 10 year period the Gophers have had more losing big 10 seasons then winning seasons. They will win the cupcake schedule, the will beat Indiana and every other time Purdue. They will get beat by Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa and lately Northwestern.

That leave your big 10 patsies as Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota.

Call me jaded, call me a realist, call me old. It all adds up to a consistent loser in the Big 10.

And for all you guys who think a bowl game is the greatest way to make your season. There are 134 bowl eligible teams playing D1 football. There are I believe 52 bowl games. So 104 teams. So, 30 out of 134 teams don't make a bowl game. You don't need to be really good to play a bowl game. You need to be really bad NOT TO PLAY a bowl game. Hell, last year you got in with a losing over-all record including the cupcake schedule.

Ski-U-Mah.

Posted on: 2018/9/19 9:35

LSF Member
Mason never had a 11 win regular season. Last time gophers won 11 games in one season was 1904

Posted on: 2018/9/19 15:03

LSF Member
From Minnesota
My mistake. I thought they won 10 plus a bowl game, but maybe the 10 included a bowl game.

Doesn't really matter anyway.

Posted on: 2018/9/19 15:37

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Big game today, I hate to think 1 game could make or break their season but winning on the road to start the B1G season would be huge.

Posted on: 2018/9/22 8:12

LSF Member
From Chaska
Go Gophers!

Posted on: 2018/9/22 11:13

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page