Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Honda 2200
Staff Team
Anyone have a suggestion for the best place to buy a Honda 2200 generator. Always wanted one for ice fishing but this week we lost power and our sump pump would not work so basement full of water. Going to get one soon but wanted to ask our members of maybe a discount or the best place to buy one. Best price I saw was Amazon 999.00 with free shipping. Thanks in advance.......Kirk

Posted on: 2018/9/22 10:28

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Honda 2200
LSF Member
After finding out that my sump pump became unplugged somehow and having water in the basement for a second time I installed a battery backup sump pump.

No starting up the generator and plugging it in during a storm.

I understand that a generator is portable, so you can use it other places, but then it's not at home as a sump backup.

Posted on: 2018/9/22 14:07

LSF Member
Quote:

Kirk wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion for the best place to buy a Honda 2200 generator. Always wanted one for ice fishing but this week we lost power and our sump pump would not work so basement full of water. Going to get one soon but wanted to ask our members of maybe a discount or the best place to buy one. Best price I saw was Amazon 999.00 with free shipping. Thanks in advance.......Kirk

Kirk,
The best you’re going to see on the Honda generators is $50.00 off the regular price. I would keep an eye on the weekly flyers like L&M, Northern tool, etc.
Good luck.

Posted on: 2018/9/23 7:58

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
When I was a kid and the power went out my dad use to wake me up and make me carry 5 gallon buckets of water through the basement to the door to dump out. Having a back up seems like a smarter choice! Plus you can use the generator ice fishing, tail gating, for other work etc.

Posted on: 2018/9/23 8:16

Staff Team
I did order one from Amazon, free shipping and no tax so 999.00 out the door and will be here very soon. Use it for Ice fishing and whatever is needed. I am also looking for a larger one just for the house because my luck I will be gone ice fishing the next time the power is off............Kirk

Posted on: 2018/9/23 10:55

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From depths of the unknown
If my home had a sump pump and it was used, no question, I would invest in a battery operated sump as a back-up, but also install a device that would alert me to my phone when the sump is active or having issues. There is an app for that! haha With the back up it does no good if you don't check the batteries periodically to make sure it is charged. Seen all too often a person has the back-up but never checked it and the batteries were dead when needed.
Good Luck

Posted on: 2018/10/5 11:17

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page