Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Heated clothing
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Do any of you guys own any heated clothing (vest, jackets, base layers, socks etc)? I've been thinking about buying some for years now but they are so dang expensive and reviews never seem very good. I can't believe how expensive they are since the technology seems so simple, are they worth the price?

Posted on: 2018/9/27 16:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Heated clothing
LSF Member
From Mora
Seems like everything for hunting is so dam expensive. I've too wondered about the therma cell heaters but, can't justify the cost. Having said that I did spend the money on a heater body suit which keeps your whole body warm and it does work awesome. Just my 2 cents

Posted on: 2018/9/30 23:46

LSF Member
From Duluth
Bought my wife a Milwaukee jacket a few years ago,using 12V batteries,last time is about an hour on high. If I was to go that route,would be a vest,bring two or three batteries for night stand. Wearing it under a heavier jacket. But it does work.

Posted on: 2018/10/4 16:53

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I really just want one of the heated base layers. I think if you layer on top of it properly you would only need to ever run it on low and the battery would last a long time and could easily charge between a morning sit and evening sit in the stand.

Posted on: 2018/10/5 7:31

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
I really just want one of the heated base layers. I think if you layer on top of it properly you would only need to ever run it on low and the battery would last a long time and could easily charge between a morning sit and evening sit in the stand.

I agree that will work quite well,,,my reference is to hunting with a bow during December in -20 below temperatures. When you can hear the crunch of hooves in the frozen snow. Good luck and remember most accidents happen during access or egress of tree stand.

Posted on: 2018/10/5 19:34

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page