LSF Member
Sweet!!

Glad to hear you found it!!

Posted on: 10/8 9:16:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Trailer wiring frustrations
Staff Team
From Bloomington
wow. Glad you found it. Good thing is you will never put one of those on the other way ever again in your lifetime!

Good thing you replaced the wires. With that the wires being compromised it would have been a matter of time before corrosion caused another problem.

Posted on: 10/8 9:36:19

Re: Trailer wiring frustrations
LSF Member
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:
Just a quick update. I bought a new wiring kit and installed. When I was taking off the old wiring, I knew instantly what my problem had been. The wiring kit I used before included the lights and the whole package. Included in that are little metal clips that go onto the trailer frame that holds the wiring. The clips have two sides, one side is meant for just retaining the wires, the other side has barbs to grip the trailer frame. One of them was reversed on the passenger side (done in haste no doubt) and the barbs had managed to work through the wire insulation. Hence the power bleed. After rewiring the trailer, everything now works as it should. Nice to finally resolve the issue, and make sure that I put ALL the clips on the right way! Thanks for the support everyone.
Your clues first led me to believe added resistance. Isolate each circuit till you find the offender.Glad you have it figured out. Electricity can be frustrating at times! Good luck don't fall in!c63

Posted on: 10/8 13:07:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page