Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Current satelite photos
LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
What site has the best current shots? My property was logged 2 winters ago and I still can't find pics of the current layout. Any ideas? I tried google earth and all that....

Posted on: 2018/10/25 11:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Current satelite photos
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Most websites are updated only as recent as 2015. As far as I know, MNGEO which is what most state and local governments have access to (outside of Farm Service) only have 2015 as well. Your best bet might be to look at your County GIS information if they have a web application. Many counties have a County GIS web application with parcel data that you can access straight from the web. If their own IT manages the site, they might not have updated information either, but if they contract it to a 3rd party consultant chances are they have more recent imagery. Could be some hunting/fishing apps that have updated imagery but I know navionics is old. You might just have to wait it out, or see if the local farm service agency can print an updated map for you.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 12:20

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I think it's just rolling updates every few years. I know for a fact googlemaps had new images of my hunting land taken in late june last year because you can see where we had planted trees but had not yet put in a food plot. It was pretty cool to see the changes when I pulled it up on google maps.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 12:59

LSF Member
Google earth used to up date every other year but hasn't updated northern St Louis co since 2015. Lots of new logged areas since then.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 13:46

Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
I have access to the 2017, and can get you an overhead. Just send me a map of where it is located.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 15:13

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page