Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

DIY Auger for cordless drills
LSF Member
From Anoka
I feel the market is overpriced for these new augers that can be attached to your cordless drill. The only reason I really want one is because they are lite and so I don't gas out my house if I want to drill a new hole quick.

If I were to DIY a strikemaster 8in hand auger what would be my quickest cheapest way to make it happen? Also, preventing it from falling down the hole is a huge must.

Posted on: 10/26 10:02:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: DIY Auger for cordless drills
LSF Member
StrikeMaster® Cordless-Drill Adapter for Power Augers

20 bucks

You can Google it.

Posted on: 10/26 10:21:29

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
i was going to go with the adapter route for a power auger bit, after I asked SM if it would work to redrill holes with a chipper bit, they told me the bit wont hold up to the torque; you would think there would be a similar stronger bit out there...

Posted on: 10/26 11:44:39

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
Clam Drill Plate! No chance of losing your auger bit with that!

Posted on: 10/26 11:44:47

LSF Member
I bought the orange Nils one on sale 2 years ago. Absolutely love it my strikmaster strike lite is collecting dust on the wall since I got the Nils. Milwaukee cordless drill a couple 4ah batteries battery charger for my truck I cut holes all day long with zero issues.

Posted on: 10/29 15:49:28

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
I made a home made adapter for my Nilsmaster and it gets comments from other anglers on how fast it cuts. I only have an 18V dewalt--wish I had the brushless Milwalkee.
However--I cut out an aluminum disc with a grommet for the shaft. the disc is larger that the hole it drills in case the drill chuck loosens up and the auger falls out.
I can't my pictures of it that I posted a couple of years ago--but i'll keep looking

Posted on: 10/30 18:58:37

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
Found it.

Attach file:

jpg  DSC06909.JPG (14.19 KB)
20816_5bd8f19fa97cf.jpg 336X448 px

Posted on: 10/30 19:05:26

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
cost me the price of a cheap menards deep socket and a hex drive I had laying around. And McDonalds for the guy that welded it for me when my welder broke!

Posted on: 10/30 19:07:42

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The nils is perfect for conversions because it is lightweight. A strikemaster hand auger will work, but the added weight zaps more power just to turn it. The whole key with the drill focused augers is being light weight.

Posted on: 10/30 19:22:17

LSF Member
From Anoka
Thanks for the replies and ideas guys. I think I may be making the switch this year. Already got the Milwaukee drill so may as well.

Posted on: 10/31 11:22:27

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page