Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Opener, Who Is going up and what area
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

JohnnyM wrote:
Aaaaah... Finally the true X-mas eve... JohnnyM

Might have to agree with this, was up 10 mins before my alarm this morning!

Posted on: 2018/11/3 4:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From South Central MN
bottlebass…. I second the up before the alarm! Good luck everyone.

Posted on: 2018/11/3 6:10

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Well did see some deer this evening but they were about 350 yards out when they came out of the brush. Unfortunately instead of walking towards us they walked away, across the road, dodged a truck, and then 2/3 of them got shot by the group hunting at the neighbors.

I'll be back out tomorrow afternoon, hope our luck changes. Lots (I mean LOTS) of shots around us today, sucks when you don't get to shoot too.

Posted on: 2018/11/3 21:18

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
not much action this morning but that changed about 11:30 seen lots of deer midday and ended up filling our 3 tags with 2 10s and an 8

Posted on: 2018/11/3 21:53

LSF Member
From South Central MN
My son got in his stand in the a.m. and heard some noise behind him. When he turned and looked there was a buck scrapping on a tree. With 10min. to go before shooting he went to load his gun. The buck heard him, looked and him and took off. My son is 13 so this is a good learning expierence for him. Quiet is key. He will get it in due time.

Posted on: 2018/11/4 8:52

LSF Member
From Lent, MN
My 13 yo cousin got her first deer, a nice doe. My son and I got shutout. There were quite a few deer taken around our shack, does, fawns and small bucks. More shooting yesterday than we've heard in a while up there.

Posted on: 2018/11/4 16:12

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Passed on a doe last night, she wasn't the biggest so was hoping for a buck to follow her out but one never did. heading back out this afternoon hoping the rain holds off long enough for them to move out.

Posted on: 2018/11/5 11:28

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
I hunted for about an hour on opening day evening and got my doe. It's the second year my parents lake acreage is in a hunter's choice zone in 277 and therefore the second year I have decided to hunt and shoot a deer.

Friday morning, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning were all just awful for waterfowl hunting so I was very thankful to harvest a healthy deer. Our migration is going to happen in about 1 or 2 days between tomorrow and Wednesday unfortunately. Very cold temps coming.

Last year I shot a buck on opening day evening and had the best two weeks of waterfowling I can remember. Then the third weekend I hunted deer in the north zone as the lakes were frozen and my father in law is in a managed area. I ended up with a small doe that third weekend. So hopefully this year I can repeat at least the deer part of it and harvest another animal as I'm sure my waterfowling days in 2018 are quite numbered.

Posted on: 2018/11/5 13:02

LSF Member
From andover
Well I hunt north of Duluth and Sat. and sunday was very quiet. Hardly any wind. You could hear a pin drop. Very few shots were taken. We seen a few but no safe shot could be taken. By a few it was 4 between 8 of us. Sunday by 1 pm rain started so the afternoon was shot for us. We went to a bar and watched the Viking game. We were going to hunt Monday but got up to drizzle and more was forcast with Tuesday 100%. two more weekends to go. Big cold front moving in. good luck.

Posted on: 2018/11/5 16:55

Die young as old as possible.

LSF Member
From Osseo MN
Up in 173 north of McGregor first three days were slow for us 4 hunting in our camp. My dad saw one deer for a little quick glimpse. My brother and uncle each saw a tail running away and I saw 2 does Sunday and 2 deer Monday morning of which I got a decent size doe at 9:30. No scrapes or rubs seen but lots of wolf scat around. Not sure where the bucks were at. Hoping this weekend is better.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 10:04

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page