Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Opener, Who Is going up and what area
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Well tonight we changed our game plan and we decided we would shoot a doe we have passed on multiple evenings because she seemed smaller. Every time she walks out she walks right in front of my Dad's stand so I told him tonight shoot her or I'll shoot her when she gets to the food plot so he shot her. I'm new to deer hunting and we've been passing on her because she seemed small but she is bigger than we thought maybe?

Attach file:

jpg  first deer 2018.jpg (95.02 KB)
20675_5be3c1695186d.jpg 646X1238 px

Posted on: 2018/11/7 23:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Hard to tell from the picture but she doesn't seem that small to me.

I spent the last 2 days bow hunting which I think will put an end to my season. I couldn't get out again until mid December and I'm not real excited about hunting in the December cold.

Ended the season without taking a shot. I passed on several small bucks that I had in perfect shooting position and drew on a few does that ended up saving their own lives by changing direction at the last second. All in all it was still a fun season. I never went 2 days in a row without seeing deer, had some close encounters that got my heart pumping, and got to see a lot of different wildlife.

Now I've got to spend some time going through all of my trail cam photos and label the bucks to see if I can track them from year to year.

I have photos of at least 10 different bucks ranging from spike up to two different bucks that are 12-14 pointers as well as two 10's and one big 8.

Posted on: 2018/11/9 11:03

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Looks like a fine doe 1.5 plus for sure. As long as its not a fawn it really does not matter, you will get plenty of meat. Smaller taste better anyway. I've had some big old does that were not very good table fare.

Posted on: 2018/11/9 12:21

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yeah she was bigger than we though once we got her hung up. I think we have been too selective. Going back up to hunt saturday and sunday evening, hopefully I can get one that size or bigger too

Posted on: 2018/11/9 15:03

LSF Member
From Osseo MN
Well we had a decent season for not seeing as many deer as we hoped. I got a doe the 3rd morning of the season and last Sunday morning on the second weekend my dad got a doe ten minutes after my brother shot a fork. We got them butchered in the garage last night. Ending with 3/4 tags filled. We not going back for the third weekend. I am going to bow hunt some now and hope I can tag a buck at my Ramsey bow hunting property.

Posted on: 2018/11/13 9:48

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page