Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

New Cylinder for 2012 Strikemaster Lazer Pro
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone would know somewhere I could get a used cylinder for a strikemaster lazer pro? I have found online where I could get a new piston and rings, and I could try to hone the little bit of the cylinder that is smooth but I thought if I could find a used one somewhere it would be better. I have looked all over online and havent found anything yet.

Posted on: 11/12 8:24:54

Re: New Cylinder for 2012 Strikemaster Lazer Pro
LSF Member
The Craig's list is full of used units for $125 on up. You might be better off just putting that one to sleep and use it for parts. I seen just the power head for sale on there a couple weeks ago also.

Posted on: 11/12 9:25:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
For most people they are throwaways. Is it scored too deep to hone? I would check with H2O outfitters or D Rock, but you are most likely going to be time and money ahead buying a used powerhead. Those two both may have reconditioned or fishing contest used powerheads.

Posted on: 11/12 9:27:18

LSF Member
From Minnesota
The cylinder isnt scored too bad. there is one vertical smooth line going up the cylinder, probably a quarter of an inch wide if that. The auger actually would start up fine and run fine, it was just getting it to turn back on after warming up that was tough. I could get a new piston kit for it for $20 bucks, so I am curious if that would fix the issue at least for a season or two.

Posted on: 11/12 12:42:44

LSF Member
If your having a starting up problem, may look at a carb instead.

Posted on: 11/12 14:38:18

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Well it would start fine, but not after the engine warmed up. I pulled it apart and the piston is shot. The rings on the piston were melted to the piston, so it needs top end work. The issue is deciding whether it is worth it to replace the piston and rings and hope the cylinder is in good enough condition to work

Posted on: 11/12 15:51:24

LSF Member
At this point I think that you are throwing good money after bad.
If it is that torched, I would as well, use it for parts.

Posted on: 11/12 16:26:13

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Yeah, that is what I was thinking..I was really surprised they dont sell any cylinders for the auger anymore. My plan is to fix the rings and work on the piston a little bit. I am going to buy a new auger. Looking at the lithium so I dont need to worry about all the gas auger issues I have had.

I will just keep the other auger as a backup to go back to gas whenever I miss that smell on the ice hahaha

Posted on: 11/15 9:55:15

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page