Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

current ice reports
LSF Member
lets see if anyone has been out checking in their local area yet. interested to see how the state is doing and how soon we could maybe expect to get out on the hard water. i had heard that upper was froze over and had about 4 inches...

so lets here it people!

Posted on: 11/14 13:40:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: current ice reports
LSF Member
From Maple Grove
West Side of the cities - most small lakes locked up (Robina, etc.). Independence is wide open and will remain that way for a while yet.

Posted on: 11/14 15:45:33

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yes word from the resorts is some will allow foot traffic on upper red starting friday.

Posted on: 11/14 17:00:22

LSF Member
Rush Point Store says West Rush is iced over with about an inch on it this morning.

(Rush City, MN)

Posted on: 11/14 17:04:34

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes

Posted on: 11/14 17:23:16

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
I checked a small lake today near Detroit Lakes. Had 4" next to the dock and I'm the other 3 spots I checked. The ice is really soft though after the 40 sunny day today. I didnt get far.

It isn't safe yet, there were too many spots where the sun hit vegetation beneath the ice and melted it almost all the way through. I turned around when I stuck my spud bar straight through one of those spots with ease. There was 4" of ice only a couple feet away from that spot though, so we aren't far off here.

With the cold forecast I imagine I'll be out checking again sunday at the latest, and probably friday at the earliest

I head out with a life jacket on, a throwable in hand, a spud bar and oh **** picks, please remember to be safe checking early ice like this everyone.

Posted on: 11/14 17:30:54

LSF Member
From Clearwater, Annandale
For red lake they are not opening up to foot traffic due to the strong south winds yesterday that opened a huge crack that spanned most of the south shore. Around the St. Cloud/Clearwater/Annandale area i have been to 5 lakes the ice ranging from 1.5 to 4 inches with most big lakes having only bays frozen but still unsafe to fish.

Posted on: 11/15 11:16:10

Staff Team
From Annandale
A guy was out on little maple today. Gutsy move in my opinion.

Posted on: 11/15 19:19:44

LSF Member
seems like we are going to be a few weeks out by the sounds of it. everyone be safe and dont do anything stupid.

I hate heating when people go thru just to chase a fish. it will get here and i just want everyone to be safe.

Posted on: 11/16 21:41:59

Staff Team
From Annandale
Agreed! The guys on Maple were on 2" of ice. It's just not worth it. Give me 5" and I'll walk it all day long. People are far to anxious when early ice comes around.

Posted on: 11/16 23:39:50

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page