Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Cabela's
LSF Member
I went to Cabela's recently and noticed no Eskimo products in the store or their ads. Anybody know what's going on?

Posted on: 11/16 8:23:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Cabela's
LSF Member
From Anoka
Oh wow, I didn't even notice. I chuckled when I saw the 100 dollar tip-up.

Posted on: 11/16 11:28:45

LSF Member
From depths of the unknown
Gonna guess is that they are not a brand that Bass Pro Shops deals with. I have noticed a few brands that seem to be displayed less and even disappearing the more the Bass Pro footprint sets in.

Posted on: 11/16 12:19:52

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
I was told by a couple Cabelas employees that Eskimo and Ion is not being handled by Bass Pro Shops hence Cabelas

Posted on: 11/16 19:10:06
Catfish University

LSF Member
From NE Mlps, MN
I think I am done with cabelas, both times I've been to the store this fall I've been disappointed. They stuffed all the camo in back where the bargain cave was and Their Thanksgiving ad has more normal clothing than hunting or fishing gear. If I wanted normal clothes I'd go to Fleet Farm or Kohl's.

Posted on: 11/17 10:42:43

LSF Member
From Shakopee, MN
I read on another forum that Eskimo/Ion had some sort of falling out with Bass Pro Shops, so it trickled down to Cabela's stores as well.

Posted on: 11/17 13:48:33

<`)))><

LSF Member
Quote:

Fishin_not_Catchin wrote:
I think I am done with cabelas, both times I've been to the store this fall I've been disappointed. They stuffed all the camo in back where the bargain cave was and Their Thanksgiving ad has more normal clothing than hunting or fishing gear. If I wanted normal clothes I'd go to Fleet Farm or Kohl's.

Not to mention their black card holder "dinner" was a complete joke this year. Every year it has been going more and more downhill. But bbq meat balls and bbq cocktail wieners with a water and nothing else was pitiful. I cashed my points out and I am done.

Posted on: 11/27 1:17:19

LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Agreed. After they switch my black card to a Mastercard I decided to look around. 1% back on everything & 2% on Cenex just aren't worth it compared to other cards out there. Cashed in & I'm out.

Posted on: 11/27 9:25:56

LSF Member
From Crystal, MN
Quote:

Fishin_not_Catchin wrote:

The bargain cave is gone? Dang. I haven't been to the store for a while.

Posted on: 11/27 11:25:16

From St. Cloud Area
I agree. The merger/buyout has generally been a negative thing for us consumers. I began to notice the subtraction of brands when I recently bought a landing net at Cabelas, and the black/sliver customer appreciation has taken a nosedive. Also, I never get discount coupons in the mail from them anymore... I guess the bottom line has changed there.

Can anyone speak to a comparison with Scheels or Mills cards as far as benefits? I wouldn't shed a tear if I never stepped foot back in a Cabelas.

Posted on: 11/28 15:13:55

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page