Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Duluth area ice reports.
LSF Member
From andover
Let's post them on here to let fishermen know the conditions. As of this morning there is 4inches of ice on Boulder Lake. It's froze over but take care for there may be different depth on the lake at this time. Just to give you an idea. Rice and Boulder are usually the first to freeze for they are shallow lakes compared to the other lakes. These large lakes have dams so stay away from them. good luck.

Posted on: 11/17 10:59:27

Die young as old as possible.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Duluth area ice reports.
LSF Member
boulder resevoir is decently sized. any pics of the ice? also is it enitrely locked up. i am shooting for hitting the ice somewhere the weekend of the 30th. so might be south end of Mille lacs, Or ripple lake or i will be heading to Duluth if i can get some good reports.

looking to get the wife her first walleye.

also anyone know of some decent brook trout lakes around the duluth area? trying to keep the drive to a minimum

Posted on: 11/18 9:41:35

LSF Member
From andover
I got my information from the Boulder Lake Environmental Center which is right on the lake. The lake is all frozen. You can check with them or contact Charlstroms Baits on 4 for information on the lakes there. Lake stream trout fishing doesn't open til the middle of January. Closest brook trout lake I can think of is Goldeneye Lake near Finland. Have to hike in there. There are others as well. DNR lake finder would help you. Probably gained another inch or so since yesterday with the cold up there. good luck.

Posted on: 11/18 10:51:11

LSF Member
From Duluth

Posted on: 11/21 7:25:26

LSF Member
From Duluth

Posted on: 11/21 8:47:12

LSF Member
From Duluth
Sorry ,so for anyone who has had the posting gremlins attack,,,ya know what I mean,,, anyway it appears the St. Louis River is pretty much a lock,we did get a couple more inches of snow here yesterday,hopefully , the slush/freeze cycle won"t get going. Hope to get out soon and ck some smaller lakes.

Posted on: 11/21 8:50:49

LSF Member
From Proctor, MN
I haven't been out there yet, but I drive downtown everyday and been seeing lots of shacks out from park point the past 2 days. Not sure on the ice thickness. Anyone been out there to say how much?

Posted on: 11/30 22:42:28

LSF Member
From Duluth
Duluth Firefighters rescued 35 ice fishermen off Park Point today

Posted on: 12/1 15:47:08

LSF Member
From andover
Wow. Ice must of cracked between them and shore. good luck

Posted on: 12/1 17:16:11

LSF Member
From andover
As of 11 am today on Boulder Lake there is 9 plus inches in the center with 4 inches of snow on top according to the Environmental center there. That's on the Boulder side and the Otter side that has the public landing should be the same. however be carefull there since it's always thinner near the dam and the creek bed that runs up from the dam. I would not drive a car or truck on there at this time. Great for wheelers and snowmobiles. i imagine rice is the same but Island lake has some ways to go since it's much deeper.

Posted on: 12/6 12:43:52

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page