Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Ice fishing jacket reveiws
LSF Member
I have owned both the IDI Gear Arctic Armor and the Clam Xtreme. My 1st set of IDI Gear jacket and bibs were great for 3 years. They saw a lot of use and held up well until a friend wore them and touched his heater a few times. He gave me some money to get a new set. I bought a new set of the IDI Gear jacket and bibs again because I had been very happy with my prior set.

I was quite disappointed with this 2nd set. Both the jacket and bibs had threads that were coming loose on the linings and the inside lining wore through in a few spots within the 1st 5 uses. Also, the jacket started to tear at the corner of one of the pockets. This 2nd set seemed of a cheaper quality. The jacket also had holes wearing through around the wrists by the 2nd year.

I reached out to IDI Gear about this. They offered to send me some lining material to patch where I had the issues. I explained I did not want that because there were numerous spots having issues and the shell of the jacket was tearing at a pocket. They put me in touch with someone else at the company. I was very nice and explained what was happening and that this new set did not seem to be the same build quality of the set I had purchased a few years prior. The guy on the phone became angry and swore at me. I told him I was very disappointed with their service and would be leaving a review on this, would not buy another product of theirs based on this experience and that I would take another course to rectify the situation. I hung up the phone. The guy called me back a few minutes later, was more calm and said he would send me a field jacket and that I would need to return mine. I told him that was all I was looking for, but at this point no longer wanted to use their products. I wore this set for a 2nd year and they look terrible - and had only been worn 5 or 6 times the 2nd year.

So, I will not buy their products anymore - solely based on their extremely poor customer service.

I now have a Clam Xtreme jacket and bibs that have the removable liners and am very happy with this purchase from last year. The shell is thicker and more durable. They are very warm - extra warm with the liners and are designed awesome with pocket layouts and magnetic flaps instead of zippers. They don't float, but I am ok with that as I don't go out on early or real late ice. This set is in near perfect condition after 1 year of use on 8 ice fishing trips.

Posted on: 12/6 18:49:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice fishing jacket reveiws
LSF Member
Sad to see companies the way they are now.I don't mind paying for a SOLID product but at close to 600 bucks for a rain /ice fishing suit it better keep me warm and dry for years to come.The guys at the Ice show are well aware that "some"of their past suits do NOT hold up well.So they say THESE are the latest and greatest floating suits we have so you need one of these.First of all im not into cold water swimming or how fast the water drains out of the suit when the guys get out of an 80 degree heated pool.I've fell through twice and both times were before I was age 20.The walk back to the Farm from the slough was the worst. Froze solid (clothes and body)more spirit than actual body, by the time I waddled back to warmth.I passed on a new "wet"suit or any other for that matter.Happy catching....don't fall in!c63

Posted on: Yesterday 16:10:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page