Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

MN Regional Inspection Stations
LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Looks like the pilot in Wright county is no longer a pilot. They are ramming this thru any way they can. They have 5 lakes they are adding to the Annandale station for 2019 and about 15 others they have in the crosshairs. Basically anything within 15 miles of the station is an option to them. From how I am seeing this go, other countys will be trying to jump on board soon. It will no longer just be a Wright county issue. Ottertail county was asking when they can start this in the last meeting I attended.

They have a meeting unconvienantly scheduled for tomorrow at 11am to discuss the additions and expanding of this plan. The days of running out for a quick hour or two after work will gone. Some of the lakes listed will have me driving an extra 30 miles to fish them.

Here is the link to the county site and the new proposal is called '2018 WRIP Report Draft'.

http://www.wrightswcd.org/Water_Management/wrip.html

Posted on: 2018/12/10 8:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: MN Regional Inspection Stations
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Somebody needs to get more businesses involved in trying to stop this, the DNR/state doesn't care about us normal citizens.

Boat dealerships, trailer dealerships, bait shops, boat repair shops etc should all be on board to stop this. I can 100% see where once this gets expanded people will think twice about buying a boat or spending their time/money fishing.

Posted on: 2018/12/10 9:49

Staff Team
From Annandale
Which are the 5 new lakes on the list. Off the top of my head Maple, Clearwater and Sugar come to mind...

Posted on: 2018/12/10 15:16

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Its on page 23 of the report in the link.

Cedar
Sugar
Granite
Moose
Bass

Posted on: 2018/12/11 7:59

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Here's the other 15 on the list for future consideration. Basically anything within 15 miles. Some of these like White and Millstone barely have an access. I kinda think they just looked at the DNR Lakefinder map and put down all the lakes with an access that was within 15 miles. That Dnr map is nice and the access icons stick out good.

I suppose the more lakes they can get on the list, the more money and reason they will say that this is the way to go. No consideration to the boating public as how it affects them and how far they will have to travel.

That is the main point I got out of the meetings. The people pushing for this think they are the Elites and we are just the lessers. They know what is right and everyone else just shut up and take it. Been to two of the meetings.

Posted on: 2018/12/11 8:06

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Here is the feed from yesterdays meetining. DNR and Sheriff speaks at 1:08. General comments start at 1:48. Another meeting will be held in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bFIv3Gx__U

Posted on: 2018/12/12 10:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page