Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: ISO Quality Hand Fillet Knife
LSF Member
I purchased the Leech Lake knife (okay, it's technically a Custom Cutlery knife) a few years ago and I'm not a fan. I've since "fished" around the inter web and found many others having issues lately. Many complain they didn't arrive sharp. I could barely filet a walleye the day I received it. Anyways, I've had better luck with my cheap rapala knife.

Posted on: 2018/12/11 13:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Chicago cutlery 7 inch fillet knife. I have one from the mid 90's that has thousands of walleyes filleted by it from my commercial fishing days on Red. They are durable and last forever. Think they cost around 20 bucks. They are a little stiff. But I have had days where I did 500 walleyes and theses knives work well. I just sharpen with a cheapy pull through

Posted on: 2018/12/12 9:52

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Take that knife to Ever Sharp in NE MPLS and they will get it razor sharp for you.

Also Custom Cutlery site says they have a cheap importer using the same name as them. Maybe you got one of those.

http://www.customcutlery.com/

Posted on: 2018/12/12 11:05

LSF Member
Quote:

orandausa wrote:
Take that knife to Ever Sharp in NE MPLS and they will get it razor sharp for you.

Also Custom Cutlery site says they have a cheap importer using the same name as them. Maybe you got one of those.

http://www.customcutlery.com/

Yeah..unfortunately it was bought from them direct. I got a sharpener recommendation from them and it seemed to help some but honestly it is probably slightly worse then my cheapo rapala knife. Another interesting factoid about the knife, it struggled immensely on perch!

If you'd ever catch a fish, I'll bring it over some day and you can try it...maybe it's just me! If it's just mine, maybe I'll send it back.

Posted on: 2018/12/12 12:08

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page