Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Beachside resort
LSF Member
From Owatonna
Anyone fished out of here this year. Looking to give it a try this weekend. Guessing pretty shallow as far out as they will allow truck and wheelhouses

Posted on: 2018/12/19 21:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Beachside resort
From Big Kandiyohi
i took my 8X16 out of beachside with my wheeler the 7th-9th, we set up in 17' of water, caught a couple nice ones 22"-26" didn't Mark much between bites. if I would have brought my portable I definetly wouldn't have tried deeper water. a group of friends were up there last weekend and they set up close to the same spot as I was the weekend before and they got skunked.
I'm headed up early Friday again and I plan on trying deeper water. it sounds like they won't be letting pick ups and wheel houses past half moon island as of now. but things can change fast

Posted on: 2018/12/19 23:04

LSF Member
From Owatonna
Is going thru Chapmans a better option?

Posted on: 2018/12/20 11:14

From Big Kandiyohi
I've never gone out of Chapmans before so I couldn't say. if your looking to bring your wheel house out with a pick up I'd say beachside is your best bet, they have a pretty big area that they are letting people fish and you can get away from the groups. as far as the fishing I've always thought alot can change in a weeks time so we'll see what happens this weekend.

Posted on: 2018/12/20 13:05

LSF Member
From Owatonna
Great. Thanks

Posted on: 2018/12/20 20:33

LSF Member
i was out of beachside three weeks ago fished 6 hours went thru a scoop of crappie minnows.

talked to a gentlmen on saturday out of the resort that was very nice and courteous. id fish there again.

Posted on: 2018/12/20 22:31

LSF Member
From Plymouth
I fished out of Beachside last weekend and I wasn't impressed. They weren't plowing their roads. The road I needed to use was only one car wide, and blocked by a stuck pickup and wheelhouse. He had been trying to call the resort several times but no one answered. Drove back in to tell the resort he was stuck and needed help for him. Just didn't strike me as a well run operation.

Posted on: 1/3 16:44:03

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I went out of hunter windfields over New Years . Caught some fish and their road was probably six lanes wide. Very nice people that worked their as well.

Posted on: 1/3 19:15:04

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page