Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

First timer
LSF Member
Me and a buddy will be making our first trip to Mille Lacs on Thursday and I was looking for some advice on where to go. Not looking for anyone’s honey hole, just for some advice for a Mille Lacs newbie. What particular depths are fish relating to at this time of the year? Are they still close to shore or are they moving onto mid lake structure and/ or mud flats.

Posted on: 1/1 23:46:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: First timer
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Some are still getting fish on break lines and rock piles 10 to 20 feet. Mud flats are also holding fish tops are usually25 feet give or take and bottoms are 30 feet give or take. Which part of the lake are you heading out of might give insight on some areas to try and locate fish.

Posted on: 1/2 13:24:59

LSF Member

Posted on: 1/2 13:36:01

LSF Member
I’m open to try anywhere but was thinking about targeting the southwest corner.

Posted on: 1/2 16:07:42

LSF Member
From Plymouth
There isn't really a spot on the lake right now where you can't catch fish. Any break line, hump, etc you will catch fish. Mud flats are good but ice thickness and snow drifts right now are causing issues with mobility.

My simple recommendation would be a flutter type spoon and any structure that you can get to safely. Rocky Reef in that corner would be a starting point. Lybacks on the south side has good roads and structure easily accessible.

Posted on: 1/3 14:58:57

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page