Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice thickness?
LSF Member
From Gaylord
I am planning on heading up on Friday and was wondering if I need to bring a half ton or will my Gmc crew Duramax be ok? I am pulling a 18ft single axle aluminum Firebrand. Wondering if anybody was there this weekend? And what ice conditions are. Want to go out on the west side if possible. Thanks

Posted on: 1/2 21:11:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice thickness?
LSF Member
I went out of Barnacles on the north side, we had 18 inches of ice up there. Pretty much all sizes of houses and trucks out there

Posted on: 1/2 22:50:31

LSF Member
From Secret X
Quote:

DanTongen wrote:
I went out of Barnacles on the north side, we had 18 inches of ice up there. Pretty much all sizes of houses and trucks out there

Only good to first and second break and rock pile last weekend. Lots of traffic because crack blocking access to flats and huge crack from castaways to hunters I heard. Lots and lots of house out of barnacles last weekend

Posted on: 1/3 8:27:56

LSF Member
From Coon Rapids
I went out of Rock Reef last Sunday. Appeared they were letting about anything out. We drove out to the farthest hump (about 2 miles id guess) and got away from the zoo and did well. My son's buddy was up there yesterday and caught 9 walleyes and 9 stinkers, at last check. Go to there Rocky Reef website and read the Rockman's ice condition/report. Looks like he's planning to plow roads to Indian point & Shermans this week. We found 14-15 inches of ice. Hope that helps.

Posted on: 1/3 9:49:00

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
As noted by others it varies the further out you get. The thinnest areas I have heard of are in the Northeast area of the lake.

Posted on: 1/3 10:43:13

LSF Member
From Gaylord
Yes that helps. Thanks

Posted on: 1/3 16:08:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page