Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

01/06
Staff Team
From Annandale
I made a trip out to a smaller lake for a late afternoon outing before heading in to watch Da Bears do what they do best. Fishing was slow with a lot of lookers. Managed 2 perch and 5 smaller crappies for the 3 hours out. Still a good way to spend an afternoon.

Attach file:

jpg  SNC.jpg (55.56 KB)
15237_5c3368a780ca7.jpg 720X1280 px

Posted on: 1/7 9:56:43

Re: 01/06
LSF Member
From andover
Yep, that's the way to spend some good relaxing time. good luck.

Posted on: 1/7 11:13:46

Die young as old as possible.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Highbreeze. I've never fished into dark. I have a portable. Can you tell me what is a good source of light to use? Do I need anything else in particular? I think fishing into the evening a bit what give me more chance for crappie and walleye. Thank you.

Posted on: 1/16 14:09:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
Quote:

marmooska wrote:
Highbreeze. I've never fished into dark. I have a portable. Can you tell me what is a good source of light to use? Do I need anything else in particular? I think fishing into the evening a bit what give me more chance for crappie and walleye. Thank you.

I use the clam light stick. It is more than bright enough and by far the best light bar I have used on the ice. That's not me being a clam guy and selling product. I have a Yukon Thermal and believe me, as is the case with most Clam houses, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'd love to go Otter but the weight is far too much if you do not own machinery to drag them. No way a guy drags out an Otter 2+ man house loaded with gear. They are the best house on the market but too much to handle for one guy if you're a walker on early ice. That being said, this is the best $40 I've spent on ice fishing gear in the past few years. I hope this helps out and I absolutely recommend fishing well into the evening if you're looking for those crappies. Most days I don't get to the lake until 4 and fish into the dark waiting for those schools to start roaming and feeding.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/clam/accessories/lights/light-stick.html

Posted on: 1/16 17:14:25

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page