Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

German Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Staff Team
From Annandale
This one should hit you right in the sweet spot Reinhard

1 Spaghetti Squash, halved, rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Roasted at 375 for one hour and forked from the shell

1 pint heavy cream
1.5 blocks cream cheese
Brown Mustard (to taste)
2 Balls Fresh Mozzarella
1 8 Ounce Block Swiss
6 Beer Brats, meat removed from casing and browned and crumbled
1 Large can Sour Kraut

Put heavy cream and cream cheese in a stock pot and slowly heat until cream cheese is melted. Add mustard to taste and season with salt and pepper.

Spray a pan with pan spray

First layer

Half of the spaghetti squash down first
Top with half of the sour kraut
Top with half of the brat meat
Top with half of the mustard sauce
Top with half of the Swiss cheese
Top with one of the balls of fresh mozzarella

Repeat for second layer

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes to an hour

This turned out great and that browned fresh mozzarella is something I'll never get tired of

Attach file:

jpg  GSSC.jpg (73.04 KB)
15237_5c336a417486b.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  GSSC2.jpg (47.10 KB)
15237_5c336a50beee0.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  GSSC3.jpg (50.50 KB)
15237_5c336a6083d7c.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  GSSC4.jpg (81.69 KB)
15237_5c336a6a5db8a.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 1/7 10:05:18

Re: German Spaghetti Squash Casserole
LSF Member
From andover
Thanks for posting!!! I'll have to make this soon. Seems like a low carb meal as well. good luck.

Posted on: 1/7 10:59:27

Die young as old as possible.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
You are correct Reinhard. The only carbs coming out of this one are in the squash itself. A good friend of mine jumped on the Keto diet months ago and dropped 56 pounds in his first 3 months. I spoke with him over the weekend and he is down 93 pounds and survived eating what he said was the equivalent of a 5 gallon bucket of Christmas cookies over the holidays before getting back on track. I started dodging carbs myself after seeing him but can't stick to the entire Keto philosophy with the insane amount of fat you are recommended to eat. None the less, down 35 pounds in 3 months so must be doing something right. The truth is I eat better than 95% of the planet as surf and turf with roasted veggies is my go to a minimum of 3 times a week for supper. Venison, pork, beef, chicken, salmon, yellowfin, flounder, local catches. It's not a bad way to live, you just have to be willing to cook from scratch which those with families is certainly the biggest challenge as convenience is king in today's hectic world.

Posted on: 1/7 11:56:24

LSF Member
From central mn
KETO diet plan eh? never herd of it? so many diet plans these days....

i started my own diet plan bye accident had a heath issue last july
my cast iron stomach got all jacket up on alieve so I start eating milk shakes wevery day losing between 5-10lbs weekly then I jumped on the smoothie train,just raw fruit 1 to cups of ice blended no sugar added or corn syrup just natual sweetness from the fruit bye oct I was down over 70lbs feels great! my steady weight these days i'm at 60lbs off normal weight and holding steady.

not a squash fan but looks like a good meal,thanx for sharing.

Posted on: 1/7 12:11:44

LSF Member
From andover
Yes the Keto plan. I dropped 40 pounds on it myself. The problem was with me that I over did it with bacon. I told my doctor that everyone in my family is on a pill for the carb count they have except me. Well on my last visit i reached the level that she put me on the pill myself. So with Keto you have to watch your fat intake. So I'm kind of adjusting the Keto myself. Went off of it during the holidays and starting today we are on a modified version of it again.

I'm making your recipe today. Using Italian sausage instead of the brats because I had some of my own thawed. Only brats the store had were frozen. Everything else is the same. good luck.

Posted on: 1/7 15:32:23

Die young as old as possible.

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page