Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

New electronics for upcoming season
LSF Member
Thinking about new electronics. Have not been a happy Lowrance customer. Currently leaning towards a Garmin. In researching, I started looking into the Panoptix add-on. Anybody use this on Leech? One of my constraints is $. I am starting to get some oversight on my spend.

Posted on: 1/7 10:34:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New electronics for upcoming season
LSF Member
From Otsego MN
I am curious to why you dislike Lowrance? I own an HDS 5, HDS 12 gen 2 touch and now just bought two Elite TI2 9" screens. The wireless networking is pretty sweet and faster than I anticipated. The new HDS 12 Live is rumored to be the same as Panoptix. You can buy the units now and the Live function with software update and transducer will be coming this year I think. I can see that being great for spot fishing around shallows for bass but not sure about the use for jigging or rigging for deep water eyes.

Posted on: 1/7 15:28:12

LSF Member
I have had a few issues with the Lowrance. Have an Elite 5. I took it up to Canada, and on the first day it shut itself down, and it took a call from the dock to Customer Service to get it turned back on. When it shut down, it wiped out the lake chip. So had a week of Lac Seul where the lake chip would have been nice to have. Since then, I sporadically lose depth. I know it could be the transducer, but would rather just get something else and a little bigger screen too. Of course, it was past warranty when all the issues started.

Posted on: 1/7 19:23:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Otsego MN
Wow, bummer. That would suck to lose your chart when you travel all the way to Lac Seul. I understand the bitterness. All brands may have the same intermittent problems being they are electronics but it gives you a reason to try something new, so why not? I think the majority of people are now using HB but the Garmins are gaining popularity now inland. Good luck with your next unit and hopefully it won't give you the same issues

Posted on: 1/8 9:55:46

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page