Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

grills/smokers
LSF Member
From central mn
We've been down this road over the years but now i'm getting serious.

been looking at the traeger,then i've read the camp chef pellet grill/smoker is the best these days for electric pellet grills.

whatever the brand name they are all very spendy.

I use /have 3 different size weber charcoal kettle grills with the smoky joe getting most of the work ,also have the bradley smoker which is top notch but time consuming to to the job right.

i want a grill I can fire up and sear a steak/or chop in minutes same with chicken wings takes forever on the charcoal grill.

any advice here on trager or camp chef pellet grills?

Posted on: 1/7 12:20:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: grills/smokers
LSF Member
From Ramsey/St. Cloud
I canít speak for either one of those grills but have put bossís top grill and I love it.

Posted on: 1/7 12:49:22

LSF Member
Green mountain grill I owned for 3 years and just love everything about the grill including the wifi feature. Thx

Attach file:

jpeg  7310F29C-B476-4C4F-9962-5335949EC5ED.jpeg (3,789.16 KB)
3167_5c33a3505bf2d.jpeg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 1/7 14:06:56

LSF Member
From Leech Lake Area
I have had Trager and Green Mountain both and got rid of the Green Mountain and replaced it with a Memphis as it gets hotter and is better built all SS and made here in MN. the Memphis gets 650 to sear a steak and runs down to 180 for slow smoking. I use 1/2 the amount of pellets as the entire grill is insulated and stays an even temp. comes with thermometers that can be set to the desired temp and the grill will go on a hold mode once the set temp is reached. Still have my original Traeger that I use for smoking fish only in the warmer months.

Posted on: 1/7 14:45:28

LSF Member
From central mn
Thanx for the replies I have more research to do I see.

Posted on: 1/7 14:55:28

LSF Member
2400 dollars for a Memphis wow I can buy a ****load of pellets. Thx

Posted on: 1/7 15:22:46

Staff Team
Snow, I bought a Traeger right before I retired and I use it all the time. Great smoker and it works awesome. No complaints at all...............Kirk

Posted on: 1/7 15:43:31

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Princeton
I am looking as well looking at rec tech, z grill, pit boss and gorilla grills silverback to me camp chef is cheaply built. Hey

Posted on: 1/7 16:45:13

LSF Member
From Leech Lake Area
Quote:

vexman wrote:

I know I did not say they were cheap. It did make a difference in cold weather for a more even temp that helped a lot on the low and slow side as well as the are all Stainless so the rusting of the metal is non existent. With the Trager I had some things rust out in less than 2 years so that was part of my decision. Like anything you get what you pay for in some cases. Everyone has their like sand dislikes, Still like my original Trager that is over 12 years old. They were built way better at first before mass producing them and it shows. To each his own.

Posted on: 1/7 17:44:12

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

kabakonacrazy wrote:
Quote:

vexman wrote:

I know I did not say they were cheap. It did make a difference in cold weather for a more even temp that helped a lot on the low and slow side as well as the are all Stainless so the rusting of the metal is non existent. With the Trager I had some things rust out in less than 2 years so that was part of my decision. Like anything you get what you pay for in some cases. Everyone has their like sand dislikes, Still like my original Trager that is over 12 years old. They were built way better at first before mass producing them and it shows. To each his own.

What rusted on your Traeger? I've had mine for 4 years now and it looks like it did the day I bought it for the most part. Mine stays in the garage when not in use that that might have something to do with it.

As for even temps, I just cover mine with 2 welding blankets when I use it during the winter and it stays even. I can keep the temp around 140 when I just have it on smoke or at any other temp I choose. Just made 3 racks of ribs yesterday and cold smoked some cheese at the same time. Only complaint I have it that It will only get to 450 degrees.

I wouldn't even look at a Bradley.

Like you said, to each his own though.

Posted on: 1/7 18:19:50

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page