Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: grills/smokers
LSF Member
From Leech Lake Area
My original Trager rusted or burned out the fire pot in about 4 years, easy to replace. We bought a newer one they had that looked more like a gas grill and what a POS. It was the model. I have nothing against the Trager it is a great pellet grill and like you said just cover it and I think they even sell insulating covers for them, never bought one. They are all good grills and they all I think work similar to each other just that each one has a few differences. In my opinion these pellet grills no mater what brand are the best thing we have ever used. we grill 4 to 6 times a week all year long. Cant go wrong any way you go.

Posted on: 1/7 19:47:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
We purchased our Traeger 2 years ago and haven't used our gas grill since. We take care of it- keep it covered and clean it every month or so. It's the best cooking related item we own.

Posted on: 1/7 22:32:41

LSF Member
Quote:

Kade wrote:
I am looking as well looking at rec tech, z grill, pit boss and gorilla grills silverback to me camp chef is cheaply built. Hey

If you think Z grill is better quality than champ chef meh

I love my camp chef and it is very good quality

Posted on: 1/8 3:10:27

LSF Member
From andover
I'm looking at a new grill myself. I had the barrel type with the side fire box. Rusted out and it lasted longer than I thought it would. Traeger is on my list but still looking. good luck.

Posted on: 1/8 9:56:22

Die young as old as possible.

LSF Member
I'm glad you put the review on the Memphis grill I was wondering if there was a legit reason too pay more. I think I could buy a**** load of Memphis grills when I think of all the junk grills and smokers in had over the years. Welding blankets and rusted parts and low unsteady temps "not interested"

Posted on: 1/8 10:12:54

LSF Member
From White Bear Lake
I currently own the Rec Tec 680 Bull. I can not say enough good things about it. it holds at the temp that you set it at. I have never had more then a couple degrees drift. I have used it all winter so far. it is awesome. I bought it to replace the P.O.S. Pit Boss Austin XL I bought. I had 40 degree drifts with it and it almost set my deck on fire because of the way the fire burned back up my auger and into the pellet hopper. that was the last straw for me so I threw it in my truck and back to Wally World it went. I'm looking into getting a bigger pellet smoker so I can cater for larger events. my next smoker will be a Yoder 1500.

Posted on: 1/11 0:14:55

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
My buddy has the Austen XL and is having the same issues. They sent him some new parts, so I haven't heard if that fixed it or not. I have a Pit Boss 820 and I really like it. The fan went out after about 1 year. put a new one in and haven't had trouble since. It's going on 4 years old. Temps swing 10-15 degrees, but I think that is to be expected with a mid priced unit.

Posted on: 1/11 10:07:37

LSF Member
From central mn
guyz looking for just a smoker its hard to beat the bradley,all stainless,insulated we use it primarly for fish,jerky and finishing off chicken wings fresh off the grill.

Posted on: 1/11 11:17:24

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

snow wrote:
guyz looking for just a smoker its hard to beat the bradley,all stainless,insulated we use it primarly for fish,jerky and finishing off chicken wings fresh off the grill.

I'm not real impressed with their wood puck system. Seems like they waste a lot of the puck because it doesn't fully burn before it kicks it out and puts the next one in. Of course this was on a friends smoker a few years ago so maybe they've gotten better.

Posted on: 1/11 18:38:56

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page