Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Site down
Staff Team
From Bloomington
I have met the owner several times. I have not talked with him for several years. I think the last was when I was handing out LSF cards at an ice fishing show.

I don't who or what is done to fix the site when it goes down.

I believe the New User Registration has been disabled to stop the spamming. Which I see as an ok trade off as I used to spend hours deleting spam / bot posts.

It is the existing members who can remember their passwords that keep the site alive. I am still here due to the caliber of people. None of the facebook keyboard warrior stuff here. Many have stated they have met some great people here , I have the same experience.

So I will be here till it is down for good. Not the first time I shut the lights off on my way out.

Tight lines all!

Posted on: 1/11 15:26:06

LSF Member
Shutting off new user registration is a big sign to me that there is no future for the site. There are other ways of handling spam but it would take some investment which is obviously not going to happen. So instead they pick the solution that absolutely seals the deal.

The current members are great but sooner or later we run out of stuff to talk about, its already happened in some cases. New users are vital in bringing in new questions to discuss or new information to share without them we might as well just meet at the local McDonald for the morning cup of coffee and discuss things there.

Posted on: 1/11 15:33:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From So. St. Paul
Sounds like a programmer with a check book needs to step up and lend a hand.

Posted on: 1/11 16:29:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
Mike has made it perfectly clear he doesn't care what happens to this site, and has no intentions of selling or letting anyone else take over. Many of us tried previously. The last time there was a similar conversation a bunch of us reached out to him, and only got a laundry list of excuses that ended in NOT doing anything to keep it updated and growing. I still check back for some classifieds and Rheinhard's Meat Sales, but even those are few and far between now. If any of you are looking for a similar site that actually wants to stay relevant come IN over to DEPTH for OUTDOORS for a great growing community. If you missed the hint they have a TV show on Sunday mornings and it's owned by James Holst who not only is on your TV's Sunday mornings, but actively participates as well. I can't spell it out here or it gets filtered. A bunch of us former LSF'ers have moved over, and only rarely look back now. As Rheinhard says, Good Luck!

Posted on: 1/16 16:48:00

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page