Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Otter vs Eskimo for a hub?
LSF Member
From Rockford
Looking for an insulated hub that will fit 3-4 people comfortably. Narrowed down to the Eskimo Fatfish 949i & the Otter XTH Pro Lodge. Anyone have either of these and can provide some feedback? They are very similar I'm just unsure which would be the better option. Thanks!

Posted on: 1/16 16:32:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Otter vs Eskimo for a hub?
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
First season with the 949i for me and I have nothing bad to say about it. It's been great for me. Stays plenty warm with just a buddy heater inside. I've heard great things about the otter as well. Whichever one you go with, pick yourself up a pack of those foam puzzle piece squares for a little bit of a floor.

Posted on: 1/16 19:27:09

LSF Member
From Princeton MN
Here is my two cents.
Looked at both and either is a good choice.

I went with the Otter and here is why:

1. The Inside is a lighter color and allows better reflectivity when fishing after dark under LED lights.

2. It has mesh pockets sewn into the ceiling for jackets, hats, gloves.

3. Two ports with flaps for a propane hose.

Sportsman Warehouse in Coon Rapids has both sitting on the floor. The Otter was $369.00.

Happy Shopping!

Posted on: 1/17 12:51:54

LSF Member
I have the Eskimo FF 6120i, and love everything about it. I like the 6 sided design better for more people, works perfect for 3 people.

Posted on: 1/17 14:37:08

LSF Member
From Savage, MN
My buddy and I had the 949i Fatfish for years and it worked fine but we wanted more room. We sold it and picked up a new Otter XTH Pro Resort at the ice show. Absolutely love it. Getthenet hit all the big reasons why we bought it besides the extra space. That and the awesome price we got on it from Joe's Sporting Goods sealed the deal. We have already installed two light kits in it and waterproofed the outside. First time out last Sat. we limited on big panfish. All in all, excellent hub for the price.

Posted on: 1/18 12:07:50

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page