Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Grill for wheel house?
LSF Member
Curious to see what some of you guys bring with for a grill in your wheel houses. I'm looking to get a new one but not sure what yet. I know a few buddies that use the Coleman road trip but they fill up fast when your grilling for four guys and they got hot really fast. I also have a buddy that has a toy hauler and brings his full size grill from home because it cooks a lot more even and doesn't flare up as much from grease collecting but my wheel house is not a toy hauler.

So what do you use on the ice?? Big green egg?!

Posted on: 1/16 21:19:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Grill for wheel house?
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
I'm thinking hard about another pellet grill. Pit Boss and Green Mountain both make smaller tailgater style grills. The GMG is a little more money, but it's stainless steel, has wifi and is half the weight of the pit boss.

I have a Pit Boss 820 at home right now and I am very happy with it.

Posted on: 1/17 10:11:27

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Lil weber is what I bring portable fishing but that is just for two or three. If I was buying for a wheel house it would be the table top model regular sized weber.

Posted on: 1/17 10:23:46

LSF Member
Weber Q works great and isnt too big, holds heat and no flare ups.

Posted on: 1/17 11:07:25

LSF Member
I have been using a Weber Q 2000 for several years now, great little grill. I use it for tailgating, camping, fishing and I use it at home quite a bit as well. The only maintenance I have had to do is clean out the burner once a year as the holes tend to plug up a little, easy job.

Posted on: 1/17 20:43:00

LSF Member
I use the Weber mentioned as well. It is awesome.

Posted on: 1/17 23:48:20

LSF Member
From Hugo
I use the Weber Q as well. I have a Ice fishing trip every winter with 12 buddies and have never had an issue with its size or capabilities and its a space saver and uses the small green propane tanks or you can use the adapter hose to a 20lb or 30lb on your wheel house!

Posted on: 1/18 9:41:48

Staff Team
From Bloomington
My buddy has the Weber Q. It works well. However it is usually just two of us. Packs well. survives being bounced in the Otter sled behind sleds.

He has had it for at least 10 years and it is still in working order.

He also takes it in the boat. Nothing better than re-heating smoked ribs in the middle of Mille Lacs.

Posted on: 1/18 14:07:55

LSF Member
From Princeton
I have a green mountain davey crocket pellet grill. It works well. I can grill, or throw a rack of ribs on and smoke them for a 5 hour period. You do need an outlet or 12 volt battery to connect it to so the auger can keep feeding the pellets in and that fan can control the temps.

Posted on: 1/24 11:46:32

LSF Member
From central mn
Take a looksey at the smokeless power grill they are the best invention since shirt pockets wonderful indoor grill that takes the stink outof indoor cookin/grilling I see they also offer a XL version for a few bucks more 25% more grilling area if you want or need a larger indoor grill I akso up graded mine to 1500watts from 1200watts,grill heats up faster and sears better.

my .02

ps~ they also through in two fry pans (copper chef nice) and alwso s compact air fryer.

Posted on: 1/28 15:28:29

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page