Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Hacks for cold weather tip-up fishing?
LSF Member
The next couple weeks the temps look frigid. Does anyone have any advice / hacks on how to still successfully use tip ups and to keep holes open?

I have the standard tip up design, not the round insulated ones. Iíve pondered trying to replicate the perch boxes somehow for tip ups.

Let me know your thoughts

SLAYER

Posted on: 1/19 15:02:24

Re: Hacks for cold weather tip-up fishing?
LSF Member
From Ramsey/St. Cloud
Cut a 9 inch circle the foam foam insulation then a slit to slide your tip up to the middle of it. Cheap and works well.

Posted on: 1/19 20:29:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Or buy a tip up hole cover...

Posted on: 1/20 12:43:28

LSF Member
From Savage, MN
Fishking22 is spot on. Years ago, my buddy and I decided that instead of spending $5+ dollars on the ones from Fleet Farm, we made our own foam insulation hole covers from the multi-colored, interlocking foam floor tiles that you can buy just about anywhere. We made them 12" in dia. seeing as how some people have 8" augers while some have 10". They are bright red, yellow and blue. Also helps show others where your tip-ups are on the ice. Very inexpensive to make.

Posted on: 1/22 8:28:35

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page