Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Flats travel
LSF Member
From South Metro
How is it getting around once you get out there, either from Red Door or Hunters? Not looking for specifics - just pulling a wheelhouse with a half ton... Or anywhere on the lake for that matter...

Thanks -

SD

Posted on: 2/1 10:00:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Flats travel
LSF Member
when i was out there last weekend it was difficult to get off the plowed roads if you did not have a plow. Not sure how they are now after the wind storms on wednesday.

Once your off the main road it was fine for us.

Call the resort and see what they think. I know red door said to ask the ice crew if you need a spot plowed so that must say something about the snow depth

Posted on: 2/1 10:03:10

LSF Member
From Secret X
Totally f'ed off the road pulling house, no house aka anchor just fine getting around

Posted on: 2/2 16:05:28

LSF Member
Just got back from the Red Door, off road travel on the flats will be tough. The snow is hard and when you break thru you are stuck. A lot of people stuck this past weekend

Dan

Posted on: 2/3 15:37:30

LSF Member
From South Metro
Is the weight of the snow making slush an issue?

Thanks -

SD

Posted on: 2/12 9:34:56

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

SavageDaddy wrote:
Is the weight of the snow making slush an issue?

Thanks -

SD

I was out yesterday and didn't hit any slush driving out. I was in a tracked machine so could of floated over also and not noticed. After Drilling holes it got a little wet around them though.

Posted on: 2/12 10:30:50

LSF Member
I was surprised not too much flooding when I redrilled around the permy on Saturday. If there is a fresh crack there will be slush hard to see when cross country bombing. Be careful don't fall in!c63

Posted on: 2/12 11:33:18

LSF Member
From South Metro
Not much planning of much heavy duty off roading. Probably enough to unhook house, blaze a loop, rehook and park...

Kinda limits the set-up, but not alot of choice. Wife and kids want to get out - last few weekends booked with "other" stuff...

Are most (any) resorts willing (paid) to plow spots?

SD

Posted on: 2/12 11:42:39

LSF Member
Mostly if you can get by the plowed road (high) bank(Keep toro single stage in the pickup) then back in wheelhouse (slowly). Then when spinning you can pull forward without getting stuck. Oh, yea tire chains are the BOMB. Now after the new additional snow it's anyone's guess if you can off-road or not.c63

Posted on: 2/12 11:53:21

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page