Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

13 Fishing Flat Rod.
Staff Team
From Bloomington
I came across a 13 Fishing Radioactive Pickle ice rod with a BlackBetty reel that seemed nice.

Has anyone used one? Is it worth $110.

I tried the fly rod type reel. Now it was cheaper. Does have free fall on it and you have to reel backwards. I gave up on that.

I know a few years ago the fly reels were the big new deal. I have also seen several for sale since with people saying "it wasn't for me".

So I guess I have two questions.

Anyone have and like the Black Betty reel?

How about the 13 fishing flat tip rod? aka Tickle Stick.

http://www.13fishing.com/radioactive-pickle/

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/13-fishing-radioactive-pickle-ice-fishing-combo-181fiurdctvpckllxfic/181fiurdctvpckllxfic

Posted on: 2/5 12:42:38

Re: 13 Fishing Flat Rod.
LSF Member
I love the Tickle sticks very sensitive work great I have 3.

I like the free fall ghosts I do not like the black bettys the spendier ones the free fall work good for me however outside the Tickle ticks can ice up fast in the shelter great outside I would look for a different rod.

Posted on: 2/6 10:54:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 13 Fishing Flat Rod.
Staff Team
From Bloomington
I bought and returned this rod / reel.
Even with the heaviest tungsten jig on the tip was not sensitive enough. It was slow to show the "up bite". It was good for showing the normal bite. If it was adjustable it may have worked for me.

Even though the rod and reel were different from what I am used too I think with a little bit of time it would be nice. The free fall drop was nice, the drag was smooth and easy to adjust while reeling.

I was trying to not compare it to what I am used to as it is a different set up in many ways. If there was a way to adjust the spring bobber part I think it would have been a keeper. But at $110.00 I felt it was not worth it.

My normal setup is a Custom Gregg Austin rod (basically a scaled down Bass rod) with St. Croix spring bobber, Pflueger Supreme reel. 2 or 4 lbs flouro line, always a tungsten jig.

Posted on: 2/11 9:47:16

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page