Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Magnet fishing
LSF Member
From White Bear Lake
Anyone out there do any magnet fishing? I think I'm going to start. I have been doing research on magnets and I think I know what I need to get started. I would like to know what you use for a magnet fishing rig. Magnet, rope, gloves anything you use to magnet fish.

Posted on: 2/14 16:49:45

Re: Magnet fishing
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I would be too scared of what I would find.

Posted on: 2/14 16:51:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
I just bought one off amazon to retrieve my auger bit that went down the hole. Worked great, used like a 1/2" rope. Haven't done any real "magnet fishing" aside from that. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JPZ42OA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Posted on: 2/15 11:09:09

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Probably great technique for catching a bunch of steelhead....?

Posted on: 2/15 11:21:06

LSF Member
I used to do that ever time I drilled a hole. I've never used it to retrieve my pliers twice- careful with the strength, you don't want to have to cut it off if you find a Buick.

Posted on: 2/15 13:58:35

LSF Member
I've seen videos of people doing it but I'm not sure Id be that interested in what I caught. Seems like youd mostly be bringing up trash that you'd have to throw away. Your efforts to clean up whatever lake or river you fish is appreciated though.

Posted on: 2/15 14:14:34

LSF Member
From White Bear Lake
yup mostly to clean up a bit maybe find some random multi tools and lures. Just something to help teach my son about how terrible people can be to our resources.

Posted on: 2/15 23:29:18

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page