Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Which Monofilament
LSF Member
I am spoiling my reels for the season. I have used Stren MagnaThin for many years. I had issues with it last season and it seems like it is being phased out. What does everyone recommend for 4lb., 6lb. And 8lb. Monofilament? I liked the thinner diameter of the MagnaThin. Had great luck with Suffix ice line. What is the best? Not interested in braid.

Posted on: 3/9 21:08:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Which Monofilament
LSF Member
From St. Cloud
I have been using suffix elite the last couple years, but still always have a couple rods with trilene xl. i also got to try some kastking mono last year on a trip to sakawea and that was very good. I will be trying that one one of my jigging rods this year

Posted on: 3/9 22:46:02

Staff Team
I have used Trylene XT green for many years. 6lb on my Walleye jigging rods. Been a good line for me......Kirk

Posted on: 3/9 22:48:34

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Trilene XL or XT.

IMO guys spend way too much on line, especially braid. But to each their own.

Posted on: 3/10 7:12:25

LSF Member
We spend too much on everything fishing but you can't take it with you!I've noticed all the "cheaper mono" changed about 6to8 years ago. Some Trilene was backward, (spins when loading a spinning reel.)Had to flip spool over to the other side when loading. Some of the Magna was shredded, brought back to store exchanged to find two of the three replacement spools were the same.I still like Trilene and Stren but for some trolling getting into some super line(s).It is expensive but what the h!!! it's just money? Go fish have fun!c63

Posted on: 3/10 12:11:35

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
We spend too much on everything fishing

You mean I didn't need to go and spend $50 on new spoons and jigs before my LOTW trip this week????

Posted on: 3/10 12:42:37

LSF Member
no u have to spend 100 b4 u go and 100 on lures at the lake!!

Posted on: 3/10 14:01:30

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
I run Sufix on everything. 832 braid on my jig/snap jig rod with Sufix Invisiline Fluorocarbon for a leader. Last year I ran Siege on my rigging rods which I wasn't a big fan of. Going to try the new Advance mono for those this year.

Posted on: 3/11 9:16:29

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Quote:

Braid is initially more expensive, but I can get 3 or four years on it usually. Inspect after every year, if it shows wear I will flip it over on the spool by removing it up to the backer.

Posted on: 3/11 17:13:51

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Trilene XL or XT.

Give a man a fish and he'll have a meal.
Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the families grocery money on bait, tackle, rods, reels, electronics, boats and trips to Canada!

Posted on: 3/11 21:42:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page