Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bottom Bouncer Setup
Staff Team
From Annandale
I'm looking to purchase a new bottom bouncer setup and am looking for opinions of favorite rod/reel combos that some have. I'm open to spending the necessary money for a quality setup. Any personal experience any of you may have with a combo you'd stand by I'd like to hear...

Posted on: 4/5 9:50:10

Re: Bottom Bouncer Setup
Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Flipping switch baitcasters can be nice when you are fishing structure. I run a Eyecon bounce and troll with a Daiwa Sealine 17LC. The rod doubles as a inside trolling rod for me spooled up with the same 15-20# braid.

Posted on: 4/5 15:28:57

Staff Team
The rod and reel I used for seven days last year pulling bottom bouncers and slow death hooks was a St. croix Triumph rod MH. 7ft. My reel was a Abu Garcia 4600 with 10 lb Trylene XT. Caught walleyes up to 26.5 inches in 15 to 30 foot of water pulling 2 oz bottom bouncers. Great set up and Rod is 100.00 bucks"..........Kirk

Posted on: 4/6 9:58:05

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
I have an Eyecon and two gloomis rods I use for bouncing. Reels are Sealine 17LCs. Been fishing these for about 3 years and love them. The only thing I might have done different is to get Shimano Tekotas cause i fished with guys that have them and they are a definite step up from the Sealines but also about twice the price.

Posted on: 4/6 14:11:14

Staff Team
From Annandale
Thanks for the selection guys. Is it safe to assume these combos run well with deep diving cranks as well?

Posted on: 4/6 22:46:20

LSF Member
My gloomis rods are ancient and no longer available 7'10" MBR 941C and WTR 941C. They work well for cranking, deep cranking, bottom bouncing, and boards. Not sure they are optimal for any of these applications but work fine for me. If I were to replace these rods I would look at the Eyecons.

Posted on: 4/7 12:09:56

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The Eyecon Bounce and troll should work well with deep cranks.
Quote:

highbeeze24 wrote:
Thanks for the selection guys. Is it safe to assume these combos run well with deep diving cranks as well?

Posted on: 4/8 8:16:34

Staff Team
From Annandale
Purchased a 7' eyecon, medium heavy/moderate tip paired with a Abu Garcia 6500 C3. Ended up having to purchase the floor model reel (which was in like new condition) as they were out of stock but I wasn't going to complain about 35% off! Can't wait to give this setup it's first run!

Attach file:

jpg  BBR.jpg (141.48 KB)
15237_5cc6321ca75c4.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 4/27 18:14:13

Staff Team
Your gonna truly love that set up and can't wait for your reports.......Kirl

Posted on: 4/27 20:02:01

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page