Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Turkey season
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Not sure why my last post didn't show up.

I did end up having 2 toms fanning and strutting but they were 60 yards out and wouldn't come closer. They would leave and come back but where they stepped out of the woods they were always 60 yards away. I had 2 hen decoys set up. Maybe I needed a jake in the mix? They stuck around for a long time and I even had a hen hang out in my set for a long time, maybe 30 minutes. Between those toms, the hen, and the sand hills it was a fun day. Wish I could have gotten some toms in closer. Was getting pretty hot in the ground blind by the time I left. That 10am-noon time frame seems to be the hot time on my hunting land. I may need to stop getting there so early.

Posted on: 4/19 15:54:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Welp the rain ruined my day today. Not that I'm a fair weather guy but during the couple hour window I had to hunt this morning it was thunderstorming so I couldn't make it out. Used my day off of work to get much needed projects around the house done though so I got some solid brownie points with the wife

Posted on: 4/22 17:51:58

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Went out for the 2nd time this year yesterday. Tried a little different tactic and didn't use the ground blind and also added a jake decoy to my hen decoys. I had 2 hens show up separately, the 2nd one tried her best to seduce my jake decoy with was fun to watch and I got really good videos of her. She hung out for about 10 minutes and didn't seem to know I was there so my camo must have worked well. Even got to practice drawing back on my bow twice while she was there.

As far as gobblers go though there was nothing around. Heard a couple gobbles way off in the distance. After a few hours I called it quits and got some work done on my hunting land. Put some fencing around the fruit trees to keep the deer off them for a couple years.

Anybody get one yet?

Posted on: 5/1 8:29:29

LSF Member
From mora mn
I went out again day after I missed. By 645 had 8 Tom's and 4 Jakes in bow range. Dad was filming/ hunting for a dbl. Film looks like I drilled the bird perfect. Never found it. I'm done with body shooting birds with bow. Have had bad luck. Just got new broadheads that are 4" cutting to decapitate.

Wife has B season gun tag. Went out Friday evening to some private land. Got to feild I knew birds been in and 2 Tom's already out there. Called to then for a while with no interest. Had my scoot abd shoot with so we crawled behind it for about 50 yards to where birds could see the Fan and they came on a rope. Started getting funny at about 30 yards so I told her to shoot. (Side note my wife has not much experience hunting or shooting and argues when I try to teach her anything,weird huh?lol) well she shot and missed. Said she closed her eyes before cuz scared of the kick. Oh well.

So basically have hunted 3 days had good birds in shooting range and seemed to mess something up. Not my year. Still was fun and I informed my wife I'm hunting multiple states next year for turkey. Haha

Posted on: 5/1 10:38:00

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
That is some good action. Sucks you never recovered that one. How is your accuracy with those larger broadheads?

Posted on: 5/1 10:42:01

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
That is some good action. Sucks you never recovered that one. How is your accuracy with those larger broadheads?

Pretty good up to 20 yards. Hoping for about a <10 yard though

Posted on: 5/1 12:53:27

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Do you sit in a ground blind?

Posted on: 5/1 13:07:21

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Do you sit in a ground blind?

Yes

Posted on: 5/1 15:37:29

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page