Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Pellet Grill Recipes
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
What's everybody's favorite recipe on the pellet grill? Picked one up this spring and love it so far. Just wondering what everybody else likes best on it!

Posted on: 5/10 11:52:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Pellet Grill Recipes
LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I also bought on this spring.Pork Belly Burnt Ends and Homemade bacon have been my favorites thus far.

Posted on: 5/10 13:31:27

Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
Pork butt with drip beans
Smoked eggs
Ribs
Pretty much everything tastes way better when cooked on the pellet grill!

Posted on: 5/10 16:35:34

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Tell me more about "smoked eggs"

Posted on: 5/10 16:37:03

LSF Member
From White Bear Lake
they are hard boiled eggs peeled and smoked at a very low temperature.

Posted on: 5/10 20:49:13

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Interesting, i had never heard of them before. I pictured you smoking your morning eggs over easy, which I think would be delicious but aint nobody got time for that!

Posted on: 5/11 7:18:50

LSF Member
From central mn
turkey legs and killer chicken wings using competition blend wood by "pit boss" also did a 3lb pork shoulder that looked really good but my golden retriever got it before me...

Posted on: 5/13 11:39:18

From Sioux Falls, SD
When it gets warmer out, I tend to use my pellet grill as an oven/stove. (It gets used year round, but more enjoyable to use when it is a bit warmer and I can enjoy a cold beverage)

Meats are always staples, but I tried a lot of recipes over the past couple of years. If I can find it in a cookbook, I'll give it a shot on the grill.

Bake Mac & Cheese, Corn Bread, and apple crisp or cobbler (All in cast iron) are three favorites of my family. Chocolate Chip Cookies are also pretty good with a kiss of smoke.

Veggies on the grill are also delicious. We make up quite a few green beans and asparagus on the grill as a side. Toss in a little EVOO, give it a slight dusting of your favorite seasoning and maybe a little pepper, toss on the grill for 5 or so minutes. Veggies come out hot, but still have a little bit of the crunch.

I normally pick up a few to many pork butts when they are on sale for $.99/pound. In the past, I've loaded up my grill with the butts and smoke 4 or so at a time. Once pulled, I divide up into 2lb packs and vacuum seal them and toss in the freezer. Warm up by boiling the bag, cut open and serve....it retains the smokiness flavor and is moist.

Have fun and play around!

Steve

Posted on: 5/13 16:21:01

Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Tell me more about "smoked eggs"

I generally do mine at around 200 for 20-30 minutes and the wife will devil half of them. It's a great way to keep people from picking at the smoked meats while you are cutting it up to serve.

Posted on: 5/14 17:23:23

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page