Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fishing opener!
Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Best of luck to everyone for fishing opener! Have a great weekend keeping the tradition!

Posted on: 5/10 11:59:43

Re: Fishing opener!
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Weather looks like it should be OK for everyone going out! Have a good time everyone, I work this weekend

Posted on: 5/10 12:05:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
How's the fishing going for the guys who could make it out today?

Posted on: 5/11 10:45:33

LSF Member
From outta here
On the pond... both clients and myself limited out. Many overs and a few unders. But those keepers sure tasted good. Got a little sporty in the afternoon but nothing the Pro-V couldn't handle.

The guys are enjoying a few barley pops at the fire. I'm cleaning up from today and getting ready for tomorrow. 0530 comes quick.

I normally avoid opener. But I'm glad I took this trip. Great people! Great times! Memories made!

Posted on: 5/11 23:54:38

LSF Member
From Duluth
Fished a local lake north of town today and got a few for walleye dinner tonight.

Posted on: 5/12 16:29:34

Staff Team
From Annandale
Spent 8 hours out today and blanked. Fished everywhere from 4-25 feet. According to the inspector that was the story of the day. Not one boat had an eye.

Posted on: 5/12 17:30:25

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Weird highbreeze, what do you think it was? Bug hatch already? Did the lake turn over or something?

Posted on: 5/14 6:24:26

Staff Team
From Annandale
Water was a bit cold yet but the conditions seemed right. I did have a couple mayflies on the truck when I got back but I don't think that was the reason as I didn't mark any big clumps. I pitched jigging raps around structure, ran shadow raps on shallow rock, shad raps on the breaks. There was almost no vegetation to be found and fish seemed really scattered when you'd mark them. I found one small mid lake flat that had a mass of fish off of the finger in 24 feet but couldn't get one to go for the life of me. I think I would have been better with a much slower approach but I went out with artificials only. I'm thinking that finger where they were stacked up with slip bobbers at low light would be a pretty solid spot. Til next time...

Posted on: 5/14 9:29:03

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page