Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Walleye bobber set up
LSF Member
From Plymouth
Last few trips to Mille Lacs we've done nothing but throw bobbers and leeches at them and averaged more than 10 per hour. I've always stuck to rods roughly in the 6' to 6'6" length for all the types of fishing I do, but I'm learning that a longer rod is much better for taking up the slack in the line while fishing this way for walleyes. Just wondering what length, strength, type of tip, etc you guys would recommend for a bobber rod exclusively for walleyes.

Appreciate the advice.

Posted on: 7/8 8:59:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Walleye bobber set up
LSF Member
From central mn
The few local bobber guyz I know on the east shore like using 8 to 9'ers.

i find a 7'er works just fine plus I'm cheap why spend good $ fishing for fish ya can't keep?,use what ya have you'll be fine.

Posted on: 7/8 10:06:18

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
I have an 8.5' which is an old gander mountain steelhead rod. Just had to cut the handle down a few inches. It's a two piece so it breaks down nice for storage. Longer is nice for taking up line especially around dusk or dark when it's hard to see your line.

Posted on: 7/8 12:20:04

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
if you are looking for a dedicated bobber rod i would say the longer the better i run a 7'3" medium light when bobber fishing up there i just cant waste the space for a dedicated bobber rod. with the 7 3 i can rig or jig comfortably as well i even use it to pitch jigs with twister tails in the weeds

Posted on: 7/8 19:28:46

LSF Member
Get yourself one of those 8' ML rods that slide down into the handle to 7'. I use them and they are great bobber rods.

Posted on: 7/10 12:53:00

LSF Member
From Big Lake, MN
Using painted ball jig heads or plain hooks? Still torn between the red hook or the tiger ball jig when jigging leaches.... Help?

Posted on: 7/11 14:27:29

LSF Member
From Pine City, MN.
Quote:

Beanne wrote:
Using painted ball jig heads or plain hooks? Still torn between the red hook or the tiger ball jig when jigging leaches.... Help?

gold #8 Tru-Turn hooks with a red GLASS bead
faceted is better but smooth works with a large leech

Posted on: 7/11 16:18:16

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page