Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bald Eagle
LSF Member
This lakes turning into somewhat of a zoo now. Lots of pleasure boaters out there even during the week on nice days. Tossed baits for muskies tonight, no takers as usual. Fished the north end a bit. Water up there is very very stained. Lots of baitfish crashing the surface so where there is food there must be predators. Southern end is much clearer but also a lot busier. Did see a musky porpoise towards the end of the evening but didn't see any followers.

Almost looking forward to either some wet or colder weather to get rid of the riff raff and calm the waters abit. Got the front end of my boat swamped out by a wake-surfer. Can't do much with a 3 ft wave in a 17ft boat.

Posted on: 7/12 13:31:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bald Eagle
LSF Member

Posted on: 10/20 8:25:06

LSF Member
Well I see my last-post didn't work so I'll try this again. Fished last Saturday morning until about noon. Traffic on the lake was light and so were the bites but we did manage to move 2 muskies on suckers. One slashed at the bait but never went after it. Really odd. The other one did take the bait down and we set on it but missed. Hoping to get one last trip out there tomorrow chasing muskies.Good luck to any die hards left if the open water holds out.

Posted on: 11/8 8:32:04

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
It was a great crappie lake with big slabs in the 70's and 80's. Seems most are too small to even keep now. Seen an 18" come out of there once years past.

Posted on: 11/8 8:38:32

LSF Member
In the winter its a great crappie lake assuming you like 6-8" crappie. I was out there once this summer with some family from California. I just wanted to show them some fish and that was easy enough. Surprisingly one of them did catch a nice 14" crappie. That blew me away, I didn't think it was possible in that lake. Its still swimming so theres at least one decent crappie in there.

It can really be a zoo on nights and weekends but a lot of metro area lakes can be.

Posted on: 11/8 13:08:03

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page