Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

pan fish rods
LSF Member
From glencoe
Is there a manufacturer out the that builds a rod with guides big enough for bobber stops to flow thru? Apparently they don't have anyone that knows. All are way too small. Don't get it.

Posted on: 9/1 16:14:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: pan fish rods
LSF Member

Posted on: 9/2 10:57:05

LSF Member
Don't know what others experiences have lead them to do but, I want a small eye that Doesn't let the bobber "stop" passed the first eye

On some of my rods the eyes are large enough to let the "stop" pass thru but occasionally on a cast the "stop" fouls the line on an eye causing an errant cast

My vote would be smaller eye then the "stop"

and of course I'm talking about a slip bobber rig... with thread and bead

anybody else?

Posted on: 9/2 11:38:34

LSF Member
Quote:

tonkatom wrote:
Don't know what others experiences have lead them to do but, I want a small eye that Doesn't let the bobber "stop" passed the first eye

On some of my rods the eyes are large enough to let the "stop" pass thru but occasionally on a cast the "stop" fouls the line on an eye causing an errant cast

My vote would be smaller eye then the "stop"

and of course I'm talking about a slip bobber rig... with thread and bead

anybody else?

That would pretty much defeat the purpose when fishing deep suspended fish.

The stop would "stop" and you would be left to hand-line up the next 25 feet.

Posted on: 9/2 11:54:48

LSF Member
From glencoe
I don't use a bead just the stop. and I fish deep with bobbers some time. If you fish shallow then its do big deal. It needs to flow thru the guides smoothly. The little guides seem so dumb! IMO!

Posted on: 9/2 13:00:20

I use St Croix panfish rods and never have a problem

Posted on: 9/4 1:16:53

LSF Member
Must be a reason for little guides but I'm not sure what purpose they serve, Supposed improved sensitivity, longer casts and more power from the rod blank. Many have "tested" these theories with limited positive and/or negative results. The Rod builders claim huge improvements..........hum???? Now go fish!

Posted on: 9/4 5:48:43

LSF Member
From SE Metro
I second what birdwatcher said. Been using them for a few years now and have never had any problems. Just search for panfish series spinning rods. I use the model PFS80LMF2. Can fish practically any way for them too.

Posted on: 9/4 6:52:33

LSF Member
I have no issue fishing any depth with the setup I use the tread simply winds on the spool but the bead stays near the bobber

I'm also a St Croix guy "best rods on earth"

Jordan, it appears you use a 8 foot rod for pan fishing ?

you other guys using rods that long for pan fish ?

Posted on: 9/4 7:25:02

Staff Team
From Annandale
The smaller guides on certain spinning rods help improve casting distance and accuracy.I have a smoke series 7'6" with the 5 of the smallest eyes I have ever seen at the last foot of the rod tip. I also prefer long panfish rods that are 7'+. When shore fishing in the spring it allows you to really get some distance behind your cast. I'll third the St Croix panfish rods as the solution to your problem.

Posted on: 9/4 9:35:02

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page