Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Boat rewiring and Components
LSF Member
From SW Metro
Is Marine Grade Wire & Components required or a waste of money?

I am rewiring my boat switching to a 24 Volt Trolling motor from a 36.
I have found numerous articles of which some suggest using Marine Grade (Tinned Copper) Wire and Components.

Where do you find these components?
Connectors to connect 8ga (Battery) to 8ga (Trolling Motor) & 10ga (Charger 3-Bank)

I found some from a company "Connectease" out of Eden Prairie with premade connector assemblies and quick connectors to easily disconnect and remove a battery.

https://connect-ease.com/

IMO a bit higher priced, but then simplifies the whole process and my work/time required with connectors with the correct size wires.

Attach file:

png  24V_TmotorConn.png (126.93 KB)
6430_5d727ce831d27.png 319X443 px

Posted on: 9/6 10:36:45

Eat, Sleep, Fish
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Boat rewiring and Components
LSF Member
Not "necessary", but certainly the tinned wires cut down on corrosion and the wire swelling that is accompanied by it.

You could buy the components and make those harnesses yourself, but in the end you would probably pay more for them that way once your figure in your time and mistakes.

Posted on: 9/6 11:11:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page