Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Last Laker Trip of the Season
LSF Member
From Silver Bay, MN
That's not a gaurantee but with a golf outing this weekend last Saturday was most likly my last trip out on the ice. We headed up to Daniels Lake off the Gunflint in the BWCA for a late season Laker Trip. There is still 3 feet of ice up there as it was 5 above when we got to trailhead. By about 10 it must have been 30 and still rising. Not a stich of wind and high temp was close to 40 so it beautifull out there. That also made 2 Saturdays in a row getting sun burnt. We ended up keeping 4 small lakers biggest being maybe 15". When they are that small and swallow the hook, mortality rate isn't that good. We also caught about 15 total, but like I said they were really small. I thought I was catching yearling spake. It was my first trip into the lake and it being like it was is going to make harder to go back in there. On top of that, it was the fist time I got checked by the DNR since opener of Trout last season. Go figure, when we got to the parking area it was birtch black and I didn't even see the sign for the Day Permit. Hopefully won't get a ticket for that one.

Overall it was a goergeous day out and you can't beat a day on the lake this late in the season.

Posted on: 2008/3/24 14:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Last Laker Trip of the Season
Pro Staff
From Duluth
The weather has been perfect the past 2 Saturdays. I also got back to back sunburns. Ouch! Maybe I'll try some sunscreen this Sat.

Posted on: 2008/3/24 22:39

LSF Member
From Blaine MN and McGregor MN
How's the lips feeling? I finally recovered from my sun burn. Hopefully you and I will be smart enough to slap some screen on our faces this weekend. The wind burn from riding the sleds across the lake usually is also very nice. Either way I am pumped to feel some tippy line burning through my fingers. Maybe I will bring an umbrella for you!!!

Posted on: 2008/3/25 12:46

Pro Staff
From Duluth
Quote:

nitro4121 wrote:
How's the lips feeling? I finally recovered from my sun burn. Hopefully you and I will be smart enough to slap some screen on our faces this weekend. The wind burn from riding the sleds across the lake usually is also very nice. Either way I am pumped to feel some tippy line burning through my fingers. Maybe I will bring an umbrella for you!!!

My lips have finally recovered. No more excuses for not kissing the wife. j/k No need for an umbrella, I'll just hide in my house and peek out the window. Only a few more days!

Posted on: 2008/3/25 13:57

LSF Member
From Eveleth, Mn.
My blistered lips are finially healing a week later from the sun while fishing on the north shore. I will be wearing some spf next time out.
I must have gone through 1 1/2 tubes of lip balm and still apply more.

Posted on: 2008/3/25 14:34

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page