Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice conditions
LSF Member
From Missoula
Went out to fish lake tonight to try for some pannies. When we got to the landing there were a couple trucks out there but there were several slushy spots where somebody had gotten stuck. Anyway my roomie didn't want to risk his truck getting stuck so we walked a couple hundred yards and tried a spot. Ended up catching a few small gills. Still lots of ice 30"+, but slushy on top.

Posted on: 2008/4/1 21:28

Farmer- n., Someone who is out-standing in his field.

Snook and or Redfish On The Brain!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice conditions
LSF Member
From Duluth
no crappie? man this sucks I've been tide down doing a honey-do for the past 2 weeks, no fishing for me...makes me want to cry like a baby

Posted on: 2008/4/2 10:32

Rick

LSF Member
From Missoula
Oh I think there are still crappie to be had, but you prolly need a smaller vehicle e.g. atv/sled or strong pair of legs to hike across the lake. We might try it with two trucks just in case one gets stuck, but this might be a bad idea.

Posted on: 2008/4/2 11:03

LSF Member
From Missoula
Tried it tonight. The ice was ok with some slushy spots, but is deteriorating quickly. Anyway I drove out with the truck and found some fishes. Caught two 8" gills and several smaller ones on waxies in about 11' total fow. Then after a few small perch moved trough I got into the craps, on minnows, ended up keepin 5 - let a few smaller ones go. These were the two nicest

Posted on: 2008/4/2 23:15

Pro Staff
From Duluth
Thanks for the report Fatum. I think I will 4 wheel it for a while. My nephew is on his way up for the weekend. We are gonna hit it hard somewhere.

Posted on: 2008/4/3 8:08

LSF Member
From iron range
fished in togo over the weekend. the ice is still to the bottom of the auger, the lighter stuff goes down about 6 to 8 inches. fished in 22 feet of water, the crappies were hanging 8 to 10 feet down, it was great fishing friday night. we fished from 9pm until 1 am. tried again saturday, the fishing was still good, but the snow and heavy wind chased us in, the portable was in the back of the truck, it was beautiful and sunny all day, who would have thought the weather was going to change so drasticly.
we got a ton of snow 24-26 inches, it will be ineresting to see what the ice does now.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 19:29

Saw trucks out on Fish Saturday but I took my wheeler because it looked pretty slushy. Caught some Crappies at dark. Two were 11" and one 13". The thundersnowstorm scared me off at dark though. Only in Minnesota! Boulder was a Zero Friday for us.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 13:29

LSF Member
From Missoula
Welcome aboard jb! I think boulder has been pretty dead for a few weeks, maybe it will start pickin up as we get to the last ice.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 13:33

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I've been hearing a lot of noise about ice out this year. Think there is much of a chance of ice on norhern lakes when the second week of may rolls around?

Posted on: 2008/4/8 14:43

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page