Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Tullibee fishing
LSF Member
From Bemidji
I have been wanting to try this for a while but not really sure where to start. I know you want to fish deep water but not sure what to use. If anyone could help me out on this it would be awesome.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tullibee fishing
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Deep water is the place to begin. You can try holes or the steep sides of mid-lake humps. I've always had my best luck in 20-40' of water, and the fish are usually anywhere from 5' down to 5' off bottom. Lake Bemidji holds good numbers, but they don't seem to stack up like they do on other lakes like Winni and Mille Lacs, etc...

The best bait I've ever used for tullie's is a large silver spoon with a 16" flouro leader tied on. At the end of the drop-line I tie on something tiny like a Shrimpo. You can tip it w/ a waxie or use the plastic. Small jigging spoons work as well, w/ euro's, waxie's, or even minnow heads.

If you want hoards of them, wait until March, then head to well-known tullie factories!

Posted on: 2010/1/22 8:30

Re: Tullibee fishing
LSF Member
From Bemidji
thanks can't wait to try it

Posted on: 2010/1/25 17:42

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page