Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Slick jigs
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Just wondering if anyone has used, had luck with these Lindy Slick Jigs. They have an incredible paint job, but I'm wondering what they act like in the water and if they work at all. The local hardware store was selling them for a buck apiece and I didn't want to buy one until I knew.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 12:58

Re: Slick jigs
LSF Member
From East Bethel , Isle Mn
I have used them and have had pretty good luck. The red/gold worked real well last year on Lake of the Woods. I would say pick up a couple.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 13:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Moorhead and all around
I have used them with great success on Lake Winnipeg, Lake of the Woods, and a couple other local lakes.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 13:21

LSF Member
From Backus, MN
I have had some success with them this year on eye's too. At a buck a piece, you can't go wrong!

Posted on: 2011/3/14 14:18
www.conquestscents.com

LSF Member
Tough to find a hook for less than a buck, might as well try a couple! I've had luck with them as well

Posted on: 2011/3/15 21:48

Founder & Editor
From Deerwood, MN
This video shows the action underwater.

Posted on: 2011/3/15 22:22

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Great video. I was looking at the size chart toward the end and on the small end they say they work for bluegills? Anyone tried them for that purpose?

I've never really had that great of luck using directional tackle for panfish I guess. Always seems like the finicky ones are easier to get on vertical jigs.

Posted on: 2011/3/16 7:57

LSF Member
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:
Great video. I was looking at the size chart toward the end and on the small end they say they work for bluegills? Anyone tried them for that purpose?

I've never really had that great of luck using directional tackle for panfish I guess. Always seems like the finicky ones are easier to get on vertical jigs.

The new sizes they came out with last fall makes this jig very versatile. The 1/16th ounce jig works well for perch, crappies, bluegills, and really for pretty much anything that swims. I started using the 16th ounce jig last fall while I was fishing crappies and had a lot of success using it not only for crappies, but for everything, bluegills included. I really gained a lot of confidence with it last fall and that has continued through the winter. Most of the time, I'm tipping it with a plastic of some sort.

Posted on: 2011/3/17 14:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page